I have chest pain on my right side, not my heart. What is causing it? Is it serious?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2008
Doctor
How old are you?

Do you have any other diseases?

Do you smoke?

Could you provide some more information abot you like: sex, weight, height, profession, family related illness, previous conditions etc.?
|

replied January 4th, 2009
Sharp chest pains, need help
I am a 15 year old male, non-smoker, non-drinker 140lbs, about 5'11 and i have recently been having ongoing chest pains in my right side of my chest (from just at the breast bone and up to my collar bone) the pain is mild to painful when im not breathing but when i take a breath the pain is very sharp and prevents me from taking a "full" breath.
I cannot sleep at night due to this and it seems to come and go as it pleases throughout the day< i've tried antibiotics but they didn't even put a dent in the problem. I have almost every symptom of a viral case of Pericarditis but it's in my right side as opposed to my chest. Can anyone tell me what may be wrong?
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
As you are not suffering from fever besides chest pain,this could be due to costochondritis. Just take NSAID like ketorolac and look for the response.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Tags: heart
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Albert Miller
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lungs and Respiratory Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.