My best friend has been going out with this lad now for a year and he is lovely. He loves her too bits but lately he has been really over protective and its making her really upset. He controls everything she does, she is not allowed (by him) to go to a sleepover with us and everywhere she goes he has to be there.
Also, these last few days he's been getting really involved in my relationship with my boyfriend. We have been together on and off for 2 years and at the moment we are really good. We have an honest, open relationship. He doesn't understand that. I can say other people are attractive in front of my boyfriend but my best friends boyfriend goes mad at me. He told me im using my own boyfriend.
I dont know what to do but its really hard to keep my mouth shut. I want to scream at him so bad but I dont want my bestfriend to hate me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 28th, 2005
Experienced User
That guy has no right to sit around and judge what you say about anything really never mind what you and your boyfriend have an understanding about. Who the hell is he to say anything? Talk to your friend about how he's getting on your nerves that way. Controlling people are useless really. They all end up children when you confront them. Let your friend know because you shouldn't be feeling drained if she doesn't care. That's her boyfriend, not your's and you shouldn't take so much time worrying about her feelings when she obviously doesn't seem too worried about your's or she'd tell the guy to shut up.
|

replied August 28th, 2005
Experienced User
That's ridiculous. I feel sorry for you and your friend. This guy sounds pretty bad news. To be honest, if your friend isn't happy with him (and from what it sounds like, she isn't), then she should finish with him anyway. He has no right to control her like that, and any decent guy wouldn't do. That's not to mention trying to control you too. I reckon you should talk to your friend, and just ask her outright if she's happy. If she says no (which I think she will), then tell her to do something about it. Maybe get her to give this guy an ultimatum; stop being so over-protective, or they're finished. If he truly likes her, he'll listen. Good luck! :-)
|
Quick Reply