I have a question regarding about my friend's situation... She had unprotected sex all the way since june.. (i don't know the exact dates) she expected her period last month around mid of july, however she only got spotting and light bleeding for 3 days.. I told her to get a pregnancy test.. But it came out negative.. This month (august), as what she expected her period to come (mid of the month) she also got spotting and only light bleeding.. She went to a clinic this time and they gave her a pregnancy test and it came out negative again.. I was confused about what the worker at the clinic said that if a woman is spotting it will make the test to come out negative :?: anyway, all the tests were negative but she never had a regular period since july and it's 2 months now... She feels she's pregnant because she's feeling nauseated all the time, eats a lot, etc... What do you guys think?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 27th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
For some reason, some women never pass urine test for pregnancy. She could get a blood test and it is less common for her not to pass it.
|

replied September 6th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
I Cant Pass Blood Or Urine Test
I cant even pass the blood hcg, but I am preg in my abdomen.

I have not uterus. I went in for a u/s too, and the baby should have been like 1/4 of an inch and they did not find him in the u/s either. But it is too late to tell me im not pregnant. First of all I know I am for I have all the symptoms and by now I can feel him, cuz no uterus in between us, and he is surfacing by my belly button and I can feel him. Last night I felt him push off like a swimmer going on next lap. It was so cute. He is about 1 1/2 inches and I have physically felt him moving for about 2 weeks. First time it was just like a gurgleing in the bag, but I felt it none the less.

I think I cant pass the test cuz I have no endometrium for the baby to implant and for endometrium too send the signal to my brain to trigger preduction of hcg. I do know I have plenty of progestrone in production. That is where all the symptoms come from. Asked him to run the progestrone test, needs to do the a-fetoprotein test too. They show with abdominal pregnancy. Most of them I have heard of without uterus they never know they are preg, they think its a tumer or something. Until they go into explore.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...