Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Teen Pregnancy Books...please Read

Hey everyone! I know that im pretty much the only book worm in here, but I have read a few teen pregnancy books too. And I would like to tell you about them so maybe you can read them too! If you do its alot easier to relate to it, than reading other books.

The best one for all of you- detour for emmy, by marylin reynolds.

Emmy's carefree days are enlivened by friends, time at the beach, anticipation of the new school year, and dreams of college. Longing for the affection and understanding that she doesn't get at home, emmy is propelled into the arms of overachiever, chorus star, and school hero arturo. Art promises that he will never hurt her, and their sexual relationship proceeds idyllically and explicitly, complete with birth control. One night, they make love without protection; as a result, emmy finds herself on a detour from carefully laid academic plans to the road of teen pregnancy and single motherhood. The hardship, tedium, and responsibility of parenting and the pain of deferred dreams provide a strong, if sometimes didactic, message to sexually active yas. (this is very good because it tells how she struggles with the dad and does it alone, leaving her feelings for arturo to fade because he wasnt a good father)

baby help-by marylin reynolds

being a teen mom, living with your boyfriend and his mother, and trying to finish high school are even more difficult when your boyfriend is physically and verbally abusive and his mother claims it's your fault. This is melissa fisher's life--a life she accepts until boyfriend rudy begins the same abusive patterns with two-year-old cheyenne. True to other books in her hamilton high series

what kind of love-by sheila cole

is a diary about two people in love with each other. Valerie falls in love with peter, and she thinks peter loves her too. Then valerie notices that she has not had her period for three months so she decides to try a home pragnancy tester. Valerie, fifteen,is now well aware that she is pragnant. Peter purposes and they together try to get married. Both of their parents think it is an outragous idea. Peter's parents forced him to go to los angeles to graduate. Will valerie get married and give birth to a baby at age fifteen? How will their strict parents take the idea of them getting married and having a baby? Well, I guess you will just have to read the book to find out what happens!

Too soon for jeff-marylin reynolds
the realities of teenage sexuality are portrayed in this story of jeff browning and his girlfriend christy. They have been together for a year, and he has just decided that he needs more independence and time to spend with his friends. He is a high school senior looking forward to a promising college career in debate. When christy reveals that she is pregnant, life changes drastically. Jeff is outraged that she often "forgot" to take the pill, and insists on an abortion. The young woman protests, and has the baby, hoping jeff will stay with her. His family is angry, but supportive, while christy's beligerent father makes the situation worse. Unlike many teenage fathers, jeff does finally take responsibility for his son and learns to balance college life with fatherhood. Believable characters and an easy-to-read text will make this an appealing story that emphasizes the consequences and responsibilities of sexual behavior among young people

i really suggest you all read these books!!!! They are really great!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 26th, 2003
Experienced User
You're Not the Only One!!
I love to read too!! Thankx for the info about the books! They sound really intresting!! I would see if I can get one and chek it out!! Wink
|

Extremely eHealthy
Ok! They are really great! I didnt know you like to read too! I seem like the only one whos reading books all the time!
|

Experienced User
Well now you know that I like to read too!! Almost forgot! I'm going to send you a pm with my info(the family list!) Wink
|

I've Read It!
Haha wow I read that book when I thought I was pregnant, it is a very good book and it really explains how hard things really are to be a teen parent
|

Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

Hey I've Read the Book Detour 4 Emmy
Omg that book was really good! It was awhile ago when I read it though.Now i'm in her position and never did I think I would be Confused .
|

replied November 27th, 2003
Experienced User
I really really liked the book chicken soup for the expecting mothers soul it was really good and I recommend it.. I almost cried during some of the stores.. Hehe
|

replied November 28th, 2003
Especially eHealthy
Hey
Nikki,
thanks for the list. I sure will get those! Do you have anymore? I love to read!
|

replied December 1st, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
I do have some more, but I need to look them up. I will in a bit!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...