If feels like every progressing morning im less coherent, less aware of my surroundings. Where I am, what im doing, whats going on. I feel like my life is slowly being taken away from me and one day ill just be sitting there.. Demented, totally incoherent. This is so scary. I feel like im dying sometimes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 27th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Are you on some kind of meds prescribed by the dr's??
|

No, he gave me a trial of klonapin but I decided I didnt want to take them. I like to think I have a very strong mind which is why im so convinced its somthing other than anxiety.

I have been given numerous blood tests and urine samples. If there was somthing wrong with me like high/low white, glucose or what not. Would these problems be found in those blood tests?
|

Extremely eHealthy
Im sorry I cant even offer any suggestions for you---hope someone can

good luck
|

User Profile
replied August 28th, 2005
Experienced User
You worry about little stuff. I understand its normal alot of people are like this. But perhaps you should consult a doc about this and see if he can give you a prescription for this.
|

replied August 28th, 2005
Experienced User
asdfjkl wrote:
no, he gave me a trial of klonapin but I decided I didnt want to take them. I like to think I have a very strong mind which is why im so convinced its somthing other than anxiety.

I have been given numerous blood tests and urine samples. If there was somthing wrong with me like high/low white, glucose or what not. Would these problems be found in those blood tests?

a strong mind is what brings anxiety. Most sufferers are above average intelligence and there's a reason for that............We think too much about little things. If you didn't focus on that feeling everyday and noticed whatever else is going on around you...........What would you do? Do that.
|

replied August 29th, 2005
What u were explaining about how t feels like someone is taking ur life away? I am gettin the exact same thing man, does it feel like ur trying to keep up with life but its gettin harder and harder? Like sometimes I just stare off blank not thinking of anything or not even looking at anything. It scares the crap out of me and sometimes it feels as if im going to eventually fall into a vegetable state and its scary as hell!!! Are you gettin the same thing I just described? I think it is anxiety/stress but everytime I think of it I think its something ten times worse and it gets me scared and worked up because to me it doesnt feel as if stress or anxiety could even cause these feelings? Do u agree?
|

replied August 29th, 2005
Experienced User
It happens to the best of us, it happens to the worst of us. Hell, it even happens to the mediocre of us.
It's funny. Only a couple of weeks ago I posted a topic with almost the same title. I was losing it. See, my anxiety manifests itself through hypochondriasis, as well as numerous other neurotic behaviors, and it just felt like I was on the brink, like my mind and the universe were at an end, but what helped me were my pills and my wife.
I used to be a tom-cruise-like advocate for better mental health without drugs-stopped taking pills of all sorts actually. But as i've come to learn, sometimes you need them, if only for that switch in your brain to shut off all the "bad thinks." in the proceeding weeks since I began my medication my mind has been able to clear itself and i've been able to see my problems for what they really are. My problems really are all in my head. I think too much (2,000,000 thoughts per second-i timed it!) and thinking too much allows for all the possibilities in the universe good and bad. My negative nature, however, only really ever let the bad thinks through.

Anyway, take meds, find the source of the bad thinks, and work through it. Life's too beautiful a thing to worry it away.

Man, that was too deep. Someone shove me in the shallow water. Ah, paul simon's wife, truer words were never spoken.

Or something.
|

replied August 31st, 2005
Experienced User
I think that you need to focus on the good around you and when everything begins to overwelm you, get up and walk or ring someone and talk just try and get your mind off your symptoms.

I tell myself that after seeing 5 drs, 3 cardioloigists and numerous trips to the er they can't all be wrong - this helps and my attacks still occur but they pass quicker and they are getting shorter. I am hoping that they are totally gone soon. I also try and be around people that make me happy and that are aware of how I can feel sometimes!

I hope this helps - the worse thing that you can do is sit and dwell on what if! I know that this is hard but think positive - if you have lived this long with the symptoms that obviously are not going to hurt you!
|

replied September 2nd, 2005
Panic Attack
I had a very strange panic attack this morning in the shower. I was showering and then all of a sudden started hearing voices just like a million of them. I just started taking restoril at night, 15mg, so I am not sure if that is some kind of se. But it really freaked my out. I think, it was a combination of the water hitting the curtain and feeling anxious. Anyway, that is all.
|

replied September 3rd, 2005
I know exactly how you feel. I have noticed that this anxiety disorder that we all suffer from has many stages. I believe that our minds create more obstacles presented to us in various ways in order to keep the cycle of anxiety going.

A few weeks ago, I had very similar experiences. I felt as if I were slipping into a dream-like state. And just as you said, it progressed more and more everyday. Things around me began to fade away, and I felt less connected to my physical surroundings. I worried that I was losing my sanity, and that maybe my mind had finally given up on me.

The way that I dealt with this was through reconnecting with my concious mind. I would look at both inanimateand animate objects and describe them to myself. Starting with their name, then what they were, their color, etc. This may not work for everyone, but it helped me.

Don't worry too much with this, because it's only a matter of time before your next mental fetish comes around. (that's the way this disease works with me anyway). I wish you the best of luck, and remember that it's all in your head.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...