Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
All these different diets and miracle pills are the reason some people are starving themselves to death , I just lost my best friend to anorexia , her heart couldn't take the abuse that she was putting on it.She leaves behind a beautiful 4 year old boy, who will never know the great person she was. I noticed right away the signs of this disease because I suffered from it too, but she would just deny there was a problem and push me away, she actually stopped talking to me all together. The last time I talked to her she told me to mind my business, so I did and she died.She was a healthy 135lb women at 5'3 and starved down to 79lbs before she died. She was throwing up the little amounts she would actually consume and going to the gym for hours everyday. If you have a friend or loved one , or yourself get some help before its too late. I tried to help and I failed my friend.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 28th, 2003
Anorexia
Crying or Very sad I felt so sad as I read your letter. I too have had anorexia for most of my life and have lost good friends to this disease. It has the highest death rate of any mental illness.

But please don't blame yourself for your friend's death. Once this disorder gets its grip, no one on earth can loosen it. I almost died twice despite all of the love my family & friends offered me. The only way out is when the victim finally gets so sick of being sick that they refuse to be a victim anymore. That's what i'm doing right now, trying to nourish my body and not overexercise. (we always hear about the benefits of exercise but rarely about the dangers of overdoing it.)

i hope you are not too sad yourself, and that you can take care of yourself while you mourn your friend. Please don't take the blame our on yourself in unhealthy ways!
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2018
Experienced User
Very sad story. I sympathize with you. But you did everything you could for her.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh