I've had them a few years ago, so I can kind of remember how they felt. I mentioned it a few times to the doctor before I got pregnant but they just shrugged it off. Now that I have a little life inside of me to worry about, I get really nervous when I get sharp ovary pains. Is it worth mentioning to the ob? Can they even do anything? Will I get shrugged off again? Will it effect anything if I do have cysts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 25th, 2005
Experienced User
I would say something to them, I dont think it anyhting but doesnt hurt to ask, I have cysts to and am trying to get preg with #2 and I can always feel mine pop :cry: its so gross, anyways good luck
|

replied August 26th, 2005
Experienced User
I had cysts really bad until I got pregnant. Ive been taken out of school and hurried to the hospital cuz I was in sooo much pain. I asked the Dr. After I got pregnant if it will hurt anything and he said it wont. Its worth mentioning it, but im sure they will tell you everything will be ok.Good luck.
|

replied August 26th, 2005
Experienced User
I would mention your history and concern to your doc. A good doctor will listen to you, and go ahead and do a sonogram or untrasound. Please know that in most cases having cysts during a pregnancy is not a dangerous situation. If indeed you do have them your doctor will just monitor them. If needed, surgery to remove the cyst/s can be performed safely in the late 2nd trimester without causing any harm to the baby.
|

replied August 28th, 2005
Experienced User
Great! Thanks guys.
|

replied September 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Ovarian cysts are very common when getting pregnant. So dont worry!!
|

replied September 12th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Agree
I agree they are. I use to get one everytime I ovulated.
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....