Do you think your epilepsy may be due to stress?
Epilepsy possibly due to stress
Epilepsy deffinitely not due to stress
Partial Epilepsy possibly due to stress
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
0%  0%  [ 0 ]
100%  100%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 4
I suffer from partial epilepsy, not the general type that results in total unconciousness.
In my case it is termed partial complex epilepsy.
I only picked it up from after age 30 and it seems to be stress related.
It is difficult to treat and medicines do not always work.
Can I hear from anybody that also suffers from partial epilepsy and the possible causes for it.
What medication are you using and does it actually work 100%???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 3rd, 2004
Experienced User
Dear Hennie
Hello,
what happens to you while you have a seizure? Was it a long time b4 you were properly diagnosed? I am female 21 yrs old and my eeg only showed up stress. The neurologist sent me to a shrink and the shrink said I am mentaly well. So that was a bonus. I am goin to se another neurologist wednesday because I am still having seizures. I am on tegretol and epilim its not working. I mean I am good for a few weeks then bang it happens all over again. If you could please tell me how you feel it would be much appreaciated. I can hear and I somw what know what is going on but then a few hours later I am very vague about the entire episode. Latley I have been having grand mal seizures that last over 20 minutes.
I believe this is all due to stress. How do we get rid of it now though. I dont feel stressed. I have only been like this 6 months.
Thanks sam
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....