Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

Rib Cage Pain, Thirsty And Tiredness..

For the past two months, I am experiencing pain on my rib cage (only left side), chest area. When I press I can feel the pain. The pain is not only on my rib cage, it is near hand and body joint and also on my left hand.
I visited hospital emergency service and got my chest xray, ekg and blood test checked. According to doctor, my xray and all the results looks normal. Doctor feels the pain could be because of inflamation. They suggested brufen. But, brufen did not help. I have this problem still existing.

For the past few days, I am feeling tired and also thirsty whennever I get pain. I am just 30 years old. Manytimes it makes me think that I have some heart problem.

I will be happy to provide you more information. Please someone advise
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper grassy
|

replied November 30th, 2003
Experienced User
This is going to sound crazy, but you may want to get your thyroid checked. I only say this because a friend of mine was having similar symptoms and it took them two years to diagnose her. In that time her health deteriorated and she gained over 60 pounds. It is a simple test and you may as well try it.
|

replied November 30th, 2003
Thanks For Your Reply
I will get it checked as early as possible. I will be going to a general physician tomorrow. Thanks again..
|

replied May 31st, 2004
Left Rib Cage
Helloo,
i too have had a dull ache,at the last rib on my left side. I actually hear a little clic when I "try and ease the pain.
I do drink too much and arernt getting enough excercise,i went to a local hostpital (in thailand) I requested a camera scope, and the doc said it was overly inflamed in there, but I put it down to too much gassy beer, its not so bad if I drink shorts.
Can anybody throw a bit ....Or is there another reason im 48 ,male 15% overweight and have a beer belly. Thanx
|

replied June 3rd, 2004
Me Too
I have a dull pain in low left rib cage\abdomin area. I spoke to my doc, he said it could be something to do with my decending colon. I was checked for that problem and am clear. I am concerned about my lungs. Is any one else a smoker?
|

replied November 1st, 2004
Chest Pain, Etc.
It is not uncommon to suffer from pain in the arms and chest when you have tmjd. The neck muscles become very chronic for tmj sufferers. My neck was actually cocked forward from all the muscle dysfunction. This can cause tightness in the sternum and collar-bone area. It can also cause pain in your arm. If these symptoms are paired w/ dizziness - I would not consider them tmjd symptoms.
Physical therapy can really help with neck and back pain.
I have done it several times.
My therapist was surprised by how much tension and restriction I had in my neck and back - I am only 25.
Hope this helps.
|

replied September 26th, 2005
Im Not Sure What It Is.
Im only thirteen.
And I have been having similar symptoms.

My mum has been throwing me around a bit, saying with the thirstyness that it might be diabetes. And with the tiredness, anaemia - which is quite possible as I am a vegitarian, and dont eat that much green veg.
But I got quite fed up of being thrown about. And thought i'd have a little look around to see if I could find out what I had.
So, having tried a few sites on diabeties and anaemia - with nothing that caught my eye about myself I thought i'd search "thirstyness + tiredness" on google - and found you lot. And I too have been found having pains in my left rib area. Its rather like a bruise feeling when you poke it. Anyone else have the same?
Ps. Sorry to bore you with my long post!
|

replied June 11th, 2007
Rib Pain
I have been to two doctors about the pain in my side. It starts under my arm, goes down to my lower ribs, and over to the center of my chest. I also have swollen lymph nodes in that area. One doctor did an ultrasound and another ran a multitude of blood tests. The pain is getting worse and sometimes it hurts to breath. Both of the doctors acted like I was over-eacting. Any advice? KMR
|

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
you guys should have a physical done make sure that nothing else is going on. from the sounds of the swollen lymph nodes it sounds like your body is trying to fight something off. Anyway do have thyroids checked. let us know how you are doing. Very Happy
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Rib Cage Pain, Thirsty And Tiredness..
If they cant find anything else wrong with you, it is probably your back muscles, some of them go all around to the ribs, and can make that are tighten and hurt. (I just learned this from my trigger point massage therapist, haha). It is commom in Tmj patients I think. Also, being in constant pain makes you tired all the time.
|

replied June 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
Rib Pain?
I know alot about this. It might be your ribs, everyone is right. the jaw effects the neck, the neck effects the back and the back can effect the ribs. i go to a chiropracter all the time, and sometimes when he adjusts me, he will Pop out a rib. and i feel it like in my mid back. And i will say HEY FIX THAT RIB. and he will.LOL he pops it back in, but i can tell the minute it goes out. it is all connected so MUCH. most people with tmj are all messed up. most have bad necks, shoulders, it is all so interconnected it is amazing. and ribs can hurt like mad!!!! love cindy
|

replied July 6th, 2007
My doctor told me that the back muscles around the ribs need to be stretched and excercised.

I have such horrible pain in the lower part of my rib cage in my back...especially after I've been sleeping for a few hours. Hurts so bad to turn. Many times it even hurts during the day. I moan and groan in bed like crazy it gets so bad.

Sad
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
how many of you go see a chiropractor? this would also help this. would help your jaw too.
|

replied January 24th, 2009
Just a thought
I'm 26 and have been going to see a variety of doctors for the last 2 years for rib cage and various other musclar-skeletal problems. I have recently been told that all of this pain is realted to fibromyalgia. It's difficult to diagnose but could be a possibility considering you mentioned being tired as well.
|

replied September 29th, 2010
i am 19 and i am having the same problem only that mine extends to the back. Breathing has become a problem and even sitting down. Highly allergic to dust and flowers. I yawn every time i want to catch breath and this instantly makes me tired ,dizzy and sleepy.
Please help.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
User Profile
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....