Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Chronic Pelvic Pain...........please Help!

:cry: hi, i'm new here, but not "new" to pelvic problems. I'm 44 now, but I started with endometriosis when I was 16. Since then i've had 2 c-sections, 2 ruptured ectopic pregnancies, & finally a complete hysterectomy when I was 31. In the last 5 years or so, I started having colon problems with diarhea & blood in the stool, after my first colonoscopy the doctor said I had crohn's disease. Meds for that didn't seem to help, & after my 2nd colonoscopy there was no sign of crohn's so they brushed it off as ibs. Now, i'm no longer having "potty" problems but I have severe pelvic pain on the right side & just generally feel ill. I have trouble sleeping, I have no appetite, or when I do, I lose it after a couple of bites, & have severe cramping after sex. I've recently moved & have no regular doctor here yet & my husband has been laid off from work, so we don't have insurance now either.

Anybody have any ideas that might shed some light on my situation? If I don't improve pretty quick, i'll go to the er. I'll keep you posted.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This is due to functional bowel disorder.
I would suggest you to start amitriptyline and mebeverine to resolve this issue.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.