Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

Would This Upset You?

I really need to know if I am over reacting or if I should be upset by this. Last weekend was my stag/stagette. My fiancee and I decided we would do it together to avoid any problems. We decided that we would go out for dinner with some friends then head out with them to the strippers. We went to the female strippers which is fine with me as I have taken him there a few times and never had a problem with it. What happened this time really upset me. He sat with his guy friends and me with my girlfriends. The whole night he never once came up to talk or offer to get me a drink. He ignored me all night and felt compelled to tell my best friend that he found one of the strippers breasts quite hot. He not once asked if I wanted anything, never once gave me a hug or kiss or even a hello. He sat at his chair, drank like a fish and stared at the strippers like an 18 yr old child who had never seen a naked woman. I was really embarrassed cause all of my friends bf's and husbands were coming over offering to get them a drink giving them a little love tap and there I am the supposed happy soon to be bride with the perv soon to be hubby ignoring me like he was a single man. I never got even 1 kiss from him all night and all my friends hubbys and bf, gave me one to congats me and tell me they were happy for me. I feel like such an a$$. Should i?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 23rd, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
No... I would totally be pissed off. Id suggest going and talking to him about it with him. Let him know how much it bothered you. Trust me you need to have good communication to make a marriage work, let him know it bothered you and get an apology if you feel you deserve it.
|

replied August 27th, 2005
Its 100% normal for u to be upset I mean it sux when u expect so much from your man an dthen its like he doesnt even see you there I think you should tell him that its disturbing you and ask him if you did something like that how would he feel wateveer he doesnt expect on himself he shudnt expect on you its not fair
|

replied August 27th, 2005
Its 100% normal for u to be upset I mean it sux when u expect so much from your man an dthen its like he doesnt even see you there I think you should tell him that its disturbing you and ask him if you did something like that how would he feel wateveer he doesnt expect on himself he shudnt expect on you its not fair
|

replied September 8th, 2005
Juli, I think you have every right to be upset.! Don't let yourself think that you don't have the right to be angry.
This sounds very much like the kinds of things that my boyfriend does to me sometimes and whenever I let him know that I am upset and angry, he always says I am over-reacting and bs like that. He is a passive-agressive manipulator. Sometimes he winds up making me feel guilty for a while and like I really was just over-reacting, until I think about it some more and realize I had every right to be upset. I hope your husband-to-be isn't doing the same thing to you.
Have you talked to your fiance about this? Is this the first time he's ever done something like this?

-becka
|

replied October 25th, 2005
Yeah, you have reason to be mad, I would be mad too! It would be diffrent if he had paid more attention to you, then acting like an 18 yr. Old!
|

replied October 26th, 2005
Experienced User
Hunnie you have every right to be mad! If my man did this I would've gotten up & left him there..But that's just me. Talk to him about it & let him know if he's going to act like a 18 yr. Old then he can be treated like a 18 year old..That's soo rude of him to do that to you!
|

replied October 30th, 2005
Wow, that is pretty low.

Does he speak to you now!?

It might of been a sex phase, although I don't understand why he never spoke to you, did you try and speak to him?
|

User Profile
replied November 4th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Would This Upset You?
I can definently see your point!! When you go out together on a normal night out is he sweet and affectionate??

The reason for me asking that is because my partner doesn't show much affection in public so if he didn't show any on our hens/bucks night together I wouldn't think anything of it regardless if other couples would be showing affection.

But like I said I can see your point!! :-)
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Who's idea was it to have a joined bach party??? Maybe he wanted to do it seperately?? I dunno just offering another view point...Was he mad at you about anything??
|

replied March 4th, 2006
Same Here
My boyfriend of 7 years did the same thing to me. We went to a stripper together. Neither one of us had been to one and we thought it would be something good to do together. Well he ended up getting drunk and was folding up the dollar bills as small as he could get them and then put them in between the strippers leg, by making the dollar smaller he get to get closer to their female parts. I felt like a total unattractive crap. I still hate him for that to this day.
|

replied March 6th, 2006
Are you still together?
|

replied April 27th, 2006
Id be so mad. I hope for your sake that he doesnt stay that way..I couldnt deal with that. Thats like cheating to me
|