Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Vitamins For Help Me to Get Pregnant

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Is there any vitamins to help me get pregnant??? Just wondering. I am taking prenatal vitamins for about a year.

Thanks

christina :d
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper EMT- Paramedic
|

replied August 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
No vitamins that I know of but my doctor told me to take something with guaifenesin. I chose a pill called an "expectorant" by humibid. It loosens mucus but it also helps with thinning your cervical fluid. I never religously took these but after 7 months of no luck, I suddenly got pregnant after taking some of these. Good luck.
|

replied July 21st, 2012
where can i get expectorant
|

replied April 16th, 2018
So taking a mucus pill helped you get pregnant...i searched and Musinex came up and im confused.
|

Where do you get expectorant???

Thanks
|

Experienced User
It's over the counter, I got mine at walgreen's.
|

That's good info for me too...Thank you!
Since you are ttc - I was told by my gyn to make sure the vitamins we are taking while ttc have "folic acid" in them...She said it is good to have it in our system before we conceive - it is very important for the baby...
Good luck!!
|

Thanks

i take prenatal vitamins. For a about year it has folic acid in it. So I am full of folic acid.
|

Experienced User
Let me know if you ladies have any luck!!
|

replied August 26th, 2009
Getting pregnant
I have been taking prenatal Vits also,I hear they help inconceiving but then I hear that they dont. I know they help while preg or preparing your body to be preg. Before i started taking them my period was very irregular, my period would come ever 3months (wasn't on birth control) which obviously decreased my chances of getting preg. so i started taking prenatal vits and now my period comes every month faithfully on the 7th of each month. so i guess thats a start. Im gonna try the Expectorant though. do u take them with prenatal's also? or should you take them alone?
|

replied April 1st, 2010
Do I get my period regulated with the prenatal pills before I start the expectorant or start them at the same time?
|

replied June 20th, 2010
vitamins to take while ttc would include vitamin c, b6, b12 for men, iron, at least 400mg of folic acid... also try fertilaid, or fertovulate... both are good natural otc fertility drugs...

best wishes
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2010
Hope to help . . .
Here is a great article snipit that should help you understand what vitamins could be of benefit when trying to get pregnant:

"One of the potential ways that vitamins can help aid in conception is in the area of cervical mucus. Cervical mucus is a jelly-like substance that a woman’s body produces during her monthly cycle. Cervical mucus is an important part of conception. Cervical mucus helps sperm to survive once it is inside of the woman’s body, and it helps sperm to get transported to the egg so that it can fertilized the egg and get pregnant fast.

Vitamin C is one of the vitamins that can aid in conception. Vitamin C is thought to increase the amount of water that is in your cervical mucus, and can help cervical mucus to become more plentiful. In addition, vitamin C may be able to aid in conception by making the walls of blood vessels stronger, and fighting infections, which can interfere with fertility."

Also there are further articles speaking to the benefit of Vitamin C and Vitamin E - as well as Folic Acid as mentioned above.
|