I had my first panic attack about 2 years ago and got on meds about a year into trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Since I had anxiety about taking the meds I didnt really take them correctly and basically achieved being able to sleep from them. Convinced that I could heal myself i've been trying to for about the past year. I pretty much feel depleted every day, but I don't really avoid much anymore because I just could't accept that something was going to interfere with my life. So i'm pretty good at hiding my illness..I feel like the phrase "where am I going and why am I in this handbasket." but I dont have panic attacks anymore...This all may sound confusing but thats probably because im extremely confused. So I guess my question is, is trying to heal myself unrealistic? I would justlove some advice....Thank you so much for reading...Much love
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 20th, 2005
:idea
ok. I am not a doctor, so take this advise as you will. But, if you have been to doctors in the recent past and they determined that your symptoms were a result of stress or anxiety, I think it is totally possible to do some self help. Anxiety, in my opinion, is a mind thing. The more you think about it, the more anxious you have a tendency to be, which leads me to believe that if you can control yourself form thinking of it as a bad thing, that the panic attacks will suffice. I know some people have them will look up every disease possible and think there is a possibility that is what is wrong with them, and I think they do that because the panic attacks give them a sense of impending doom. This is another prime example of how I think you can control them. Because if you know that you are alright, the doctors have told you that you are alright, and you have tests to prove it, then by looking things up.. You are giving your mind even more reasons to be panicky. So, this is just my two cents. I am not talking out of experience, because I have had my share of panic attacks myself and getting a grip on it is something I have recently been doing for myself and it has come with success. Take care.
Jen
|

replied August 20th, 2005
Thanx
Jen,
i agree with you. So it's almost as if we are fearing fear, which energizes panic, which would explain why it is so hard for people to realize exactly what is wrong with them, and lead them to search for other problems. Well i'm going to practice accepting instead of trying to figure myself out or fight myself. Thanx for your reply...Take care
jake
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...