Hi
i posted some time last week saying I had a constant taste of salt in my mouth and saying that everyone keeps saying I might be pregnant. Well i'm still confused!?! This is what's happening....

I am not actively ttc, but we decided to let nature take it's course and we haven't used birth control for six years (and have never even fallen pregnant!!). I had a period in june, then in the middle of july I had a period that was light and lasted only two days (mine usually last about 5 days). About a week after this period I had really bad cramps for just one day. About a week later I started tasting salt constantly and nothing else. Now this week the salt taste has gone but I am nauseous all the time with no let-up at all. It is like a feeling of being sea-sick! It's terrible. And I have been having slight dizzy spells

my period hasn't come this month yet (but that's not unusual as my periods are very erratic) I did a pregnancy test the week before last- and then one last friday and both were negative.

I have booked in at the doctors but can't get in until next wednesday- so I was hoping for some advice from you guys!?!

Do I sound pregnant? I have no other symptoms at all- no sore breasts, no cramps at all this month (apart from that one day), no backache, no sensations in my stomach.

Sorry it's long!!

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 24th, 2005
How did you appointment go! I can't really give you any advise because I am confuse myself for about a month now i've been having little pains in my stomach along with changes with my breasts such as tenderness and enlargement but my areolas, or rings around your nipples, lighten, nausea, fatigue, frequent urination, headaches, dizziness, backaches, lower abdominal cramps, excessive salivation and my period is late for aug everything expect vomiting. About 3 weeks ago I took a pregnancy test and the results were negative. However the pain continue so I went to the doctor 08/19/05 and explain to her everything that has been going on so she gave me an urine test and again the results were negative. She gave me so antibiotics for the weekend so when I went in yesterday she wanted to give me another urine pregnancy but I couldn’t go so she recommended that I have an ultra sound of my kidney, bladder, and stomach for kidney stones.
|

Well- I got my results back from the doctor today and the urine test was negative.
Within the last couple of days my nausea has disappeared, but I am now in a great deal of discomfort around my belly. My usually loose trousers are tight and hurting me- due to the sheer size of my bloated stomach- it hurts to even touch my stomach- and I have sharps pains constantly in my right ovary!! I couldn't even bd last night because I feeel so uncomfortable! My fingers have swollen up- I have a slight backache- and a constant headache! I phoned the doctor again and can't get in until friday now!!!
|

Someone told me that it's best to get a blood test for pregnancy
|

I know this may sound weird, but have you had a bowel movement? Sometimes it can make you feel all the symptoms you have been feeling. Including making your belly sensitive to touch and bloating up. This can occur if you haven't gone for like a week or so. Or you can have bad gas pain. I have had that before. It felt like my ovaries were in pain but I had gas bubbles and bloated from gas. It could be a lot of things. I hope you find out what is going on.
|

replied August 25th, 2005
Thanks for your replies
yes- all bowel movements present and correct!!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...