The last time I had my peroid was back around the first week of june, about 4 weeks later I started to vomit almost daily, extremely tired and soreness.

I took a home test and it came out positive. But this past weeked I ended up passing out and my boyfriend took me to the hospital where a doctor told me that I wasn't pregnant and I had an uti.

Out of what I understand about an uti...It doesn't stop your peroid and it doesn't explain me puking for a 1 1/2 month...

What's wrong with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 17th, 2005
Experienced User
I've never heard of a uti causing a false positive. Ummm!!! I would go see a doctor and tell them you took a test it came out positive, you've missed july/august periods, you've been having morning sickness for the last 2 months and so on then tell him about the incident with er. I've never heard of a uti causing missed periods either. Unless he's saying you've had a uti for the last 2 months and believe me you would have known before now.
Just out of curiosity if you missed the last 2 periods why haven't you been in to see a doctor? I mean a ob or a family one.
Test don't usually give false positives they give false negatives.
Have you taken another hpt? See if that comes out pos or neg.
Let me know
|

She says by the looks of it that I have probably only had it for 2 weeks that it wasn't even serious just mild.

The reason I haven't seen an ob yet is because I recently moved to norfolk and I am still trying to get into see my new doctor.
My grandmother thinks that I am pregnant also because she told me that my mom was sick for 6 months like this....

I mean really if it is the uti then why I have I missed 2 peroids, a pregnanct test saying positive (ept) and the sickness...

But a thing about the test they gave me was a urine test...
They knew that I was dyhrated, lacking food since I haven't been able to keep anything down and barely gave enough for a teaspoon...
|

Extremely eHealthy
I would go and see a reg Dr. Like other writer says, docs are not 100% by far, so a second opinion would be a good thing. He may even do a blood test which is more reliable.

Good luck
|

Please Let Me Know...
I too a few months back began puking much like you. As for the period part, I wont be of much help there as I am not female, but I too was diagnosed with uti as the possible case. I took the medicine for this problem, and I still have the symptoms. Please let me know if you find anything else out about this, it sounds a lot like what I have going on, and nobody can figure out whats wrong with me yet..
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...