Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Need a Little Information

I was 4 days late when I tested last time and it came out negative. I'm waiting til this saturday to retest because my period still hasn't come. If I get a negative again I want to make a doctor's appointment but i'm wondering will the bill come back saying that I had gotten a blood test and all that? How does that work? I just dont want my parents to find out that I am pregnant from a bill and if i'm not I don't want them to give me a hard time about having sex, we really don't get along. I have been with my boyfriend for a little over 2 years and i'm 20 years old, they still think that all we do is hold hands, can u say denial?
Anyways, just looking for any info I just don't really have anyone to talk to about this.

Lynn
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
I don't know about hospital bills...But my insurance came back and said what it was for...Maybe your parents will be more supportive than you think...They only get upset because they know what can happen and have probably seen it happen...Sometimes they are thinking further down the road...A young girls' bodies aren't always ready for a baby and can hurt her more than she knows...

I sound like and old lady....Lol...But ya know
|

Haha yeah thanks, I know I understand. My parents and I just don't see eye to eye. We never have. It's hard because my boyfriend is in the military so he can't do much for me right now. Thanks for your advice, if my period doesnt come in the next week i'll just make an appointment and take my chances I guess even though I know that my parents will not react supportivly, trust me on that one. Thanks again though!

Lynn
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Yeah but if you are pregnant, hopefully your parents will get over it and just love it to death...How can anybody be mad after you brought that precious baby into their lives. They may act dissappointed and definetly voice their opinion...But eventually it will wind down..

I have a friend that happened to (while we were still in highschool) and her parents are glued to that kid...Lol she and her boyfriend got married and now have 2 babies...:) so hopefully it'll work out alright for you
|

Thanks a lot I appreciate you getting back to me so fast! I'll let u know what happens!
|

Experienced User
Do u have a planned parenthood? Go there. Completely confidential as long as your at least 16. The hospital bill will come back with what kind of blood test it is. Your doctor may not give you a blood test, they may give you another urine, the first one may not have been enough time. And if they did a pap they could tell too.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...