Are you gay my default or is it a choice?
You are born gay
You choose to be gay
69%  69%  [ 57 ]
30%  30%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 82
Do you think that being gay is by default (i.E. You are born gay), or is it a choice?

Reason i'm asking is because I think I am gay but I dont want to be :?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 27th, 2005
Experienced User
I think being gay or not is only up to you...It doesn't matter what other people think, whether we think you are born as such or you have a choice...It only matters what you want and how you feel...

Maybe talking to a gay person who isn't in the beginning will help you clear your mind. I think you need to talk to someone who has been through this as well and has already made a choice and lived with it...

Good luck!
|

replied September 18th, 2005
Poll
Being gay , in my opinion is not a thing people pick. It is something that you are born with. Im gay, I didnt choose to be that way, its just a part of who I am and im happy with that.
|

replied October 2nd, 2005
Re: Being Gay
forbsey wrote:
do you think that being gay is by default (i.E. You are born gay), or is it a choice?

Reason i'm asking is because I think I am gay but I dont want to be :?

i think that people are born gay. In this day and age who really wants to be gay with all the hate in the world. So many people commit suicide because they can not deal with the pressure that the world put on them for being gay. I feel that to each its own. If being gay makes you happy then so be it. I also question myself sometimes.
|

replied October 31st, 2005
Poll: Being Gay
I think there are those that are born gay and then those who are gay by choice. I have friends who are both. In the end, you are the only one that needs to look at yourself in the mirror. I guess it is whatever makes you the happiest.
|

replied November 2nd, 2005
I really think that when it comes to being gay by choice that those are people who have had suppressed feeling about their sexuality and since there really is no need to hide it anymore, they are now at the point where they don't really care who knows. My friend is gay but she tried to deny for a very long time that she has had these feelings. Her excuse was that people always thought that she was gay so she acted on it. I don't think so. In my opinion I feel as though most people worry about what their friends will think, and whether or not they will still be excepted by their peers. And last I think they fear the most of hurting their parents whereas they hide their true sexuality.
|

User Profile
replied November 2nd, 2005
Supporter
Re: Poll: Being Gay
krick14 wrote:
i think there are those that are born gay and then those who are gay by choice. I have friends who are both. In the end, you are the only one that needs to look at yourself in the mirror. I guess it is whatever makes you the happiest.

i think you're born gay.
I know a lot of ppl who are gay....Love them with all my heart! I don't think anyone chooses to be gay. I just think there are ppl who try and play a "role" of what society makes them out to be.

Every year we have the gay pride parade... It's great to be proud, but there's something negative to say about men/women who think showing their genitals off is pride in any way shape or form!
|

replied November 7th, 2005
I'm gay, too... And I can say with certainty I didn't choose to feel the way I feel. I do choose, however, to be honest about it - with myself and others. :d
|

User Profile
Supporter
soulreflections wrote:
i'm gay, too... And I can say with certainty I didn't choose to feel the way I feel. I do choose, however, to be honest about it - with myself and others. :d

good for you! :)
|

soulreflections wrote:
i'm gay, too... And I can say with certainty I didn't choose to feel the way I feel. I do choose, however, to be honest about it - with myself and others. :d

there is no way I could tell my family. They are all very homophobic. I really don't know what to do, either tell them and risk them disowning me or spend the rest of my life living this secret double life.
|

User Profile
Supporter
forbsey wrote:

there is no way I could tell my family. They are all very homophobic. I really don't know what to do, either tell them and risk them disowning me or spend the rest of my life living this secret double life.

be proud of who you are.... Never feel guilty, bad, evil or embarrassed!
You have no reason to feel this way.... I know it's hard but ignore the ignorance :)
|

replied November 13th, 2005
Being Gay
Hey
look im gay, I did not choose to be, I was born that way. This is the life that has been destined for me and im cool with it, the only reason I think you aint cool wioth the whole idea is that society makes us look like sick people, we arent. We are perfectly normal, actually,, whose to says whats normal and what is not? If you are gay, you cannto run away from it. Take time out and actually think about it. All I know is that it is with you 24/7, rather then running away from it, embrace it.

Hope all works well
jezz
|

replied December 25th, 2005
I never heard gay is born. I didn't mean I just want to being nice to you about gay. Is that two women are together in one life. And so one woman got pregnant with woman born gay? Thanks.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I do not believe that we can be born gay, but I do believe that there is some kind of hormonal imbalace in pple that makes them more pre-disposed to become gay.

Take depression for example--it is proven to be a hormonal im balance--but without meds we can learn to get our minds around the symptoms. We can convince ourselves it is not a certain way, and pull our minds out of the negative, and anxiety involved with the depression, we can choose to get outta bed, we can learn to do good things for ourselves. If we choose to!!!!

I feel the same about pple who "feel" they are gay.

And some pple do not have that much control over their minds and need some kind of hormones(or drugs) to make them feel right--gay pple included.

That is what I believe---sorry I dont want to offend anyone. I love gays just like anyone else. I know .God loves you all just the same too.

It is like the mur/derer or rapist--if they could control the symptoms of their mental disease I dont think they would choose to kill or rape, right. Some pple can control it and some pple cant. But isnt it still a choice????

".God made them male and female, that the female would be a help mate for the man."
|

User Profile
Supporter
First joanna lets stop referring to .God about everything. God can't "fix" them!
Why don't we just drug them :roll:

i know so many ppl who are gay and if were given the choice they would "choose" not to be...... Because of the stereotype placed on them.
|

Extremely eHealthy
michelle1981 wrote:
first joanna lets stop referring to .God about everything. God can't "fix" them!
Why don't we just drug them :roll:

i know so many ppl who are gay and if were given the choice they would "choose" not to be...... Because of the stereotype placed on them.

how dare you talk of .God in such a manner!!!!

And for your information--.God is my everything, and without .Him you are nothing. I can refer to .Him if I like and who are you to tell me I cant????

And if a person needs drugs to feel and behave "normal" then they need drugs!!!!!

And I could be like the older religous teachers and just rebuke all of you--for being gay and for befriending them---but I have understanding and compassion for every one, and sick and tired of being told how to feel and how to be, by you self righteous pple.

And if you have nor more respect for me than that---dont call me by my name.
|

User Profile
Supporter
fatfamily02 wrote:

And for your information--.God is my everything, and without .Him you are nothing. I can refer to .Him if I like and who are you to tell me I cant????

And if a person needs drugs to feel and behave "normal" then they need drugs!!!!!

And I could be like the older religous teachers and just rebuke all of you--for being gay and for befriending them---but I have understanding and compassion for every one, and sick and tired of being told how to feel and how to be, by you self righteous pple.

you have understanding and compassion??? Sure is that why you stated "and if a person needs drugs to feel and behave "normal" then they need drugs!!!!! Ya i'd say very understanding :roll:

god, you are so annoying!!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
michelle1981 wrote:
fatfamily02 wrote:

you have understanding and compassion??? Sure is that why you stated "and if a person needs drugs to feel and behave "normal" then they need drugs!!!!! Ya i'd say very understanding :roll:

god, you are so annoying!!!!

what are you talking about--why is that annoying--cuz I dont "think" like you. I say it is my opinion, and I know there is no "normal" that is why it is in parenthesies.

Well I atleast I give a person the benefit of the doubt. Do you want me to tell you really how it is????

everything in this world: disease, sickness, hate, anger, satan worshipping, mental illness, drug abuse, mur/der rape, gay and lesbians, marriage breakers, adulterers, oppression, depression, possession. Anything "contrary to:" the word of .God, goodness, truth, love, peace, holyness, or a good report. Is all from demon activity. And they all just need the demons rebuked. Atleast I say "give them the traditional method (drugs) so they can realize it is a choice," and if they realize that then they can make the choice and once they "resist the devil he will flee from them"

we all have a free will .God cannot and will not take that from us, cuz he dont want us to serve him if we "have" to. The devil cannot take our free will either. For it is a choice whether we serve god and do the right thing, or if we fall for the trap of the devil and do his things. That is it.

Now, if a person chooses to believe the lies, whatever they may be, that it what he will become, and what he will follow.

Or a person can believe the truth and follow .God and become what .God wants him to be. It is a choice. But to that man who has given into the lies and followed them, to him it seems like he has no choice demons have manifested and taken over they are controlling him, but he can still choose to say no to it. And then .God will come in and give him the power to overcome it. A man can still say no until he is dead, he still has the choice. Even when it dont feel like it to him.

i was tryin to be gentle, but this is the truth
|

replied December 27th, 2005
This is in reply to fat family posts,firstly you do not have a clue what you are talking about ,being gay is nothing to do with a chemical imbalance.\
you simply are attracted to the other sex or your own,and it is defenetly not someting you choose! We are all on our own journeys here and some of us is gay and some of us is straight.
Frankly I find your posts down right ignorant
|

replied December 27th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
.G.O.O.D!!!!!!
|
Quick Reply