Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Has Chlamidya Made Me Sterile?

I'm a 32 year old male and my fiancee is 35, we have recently been trying for a baby for the last 6-7 months but so far no joy. I remembered that I had a spout of chlamydia about 8 years ago but was treated with antibiotics (i guess) and was then cleared of any signs a few weeks later with a swab test(ouch). I'm wondering if the chlamydia had made me sterile in some way? Is this possible?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 15th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes it is possible for it to affect it yes, but the only way you can tell for sure is to go to a doctor and have tests.
|

Hun-
i dont think it has affected it. When I was younger I had that as well.. And treated it... And now I have a beautiful 11 mth old baby boy, so what does that tell you? Its possible!! So keep trying hun!!
|

Experienced User
I thought if its treated early, you'll be fine but if it's been untreated for along time, it can make you unfertile/unsterile.
Check with your doctor.
|

replied August 16th, 2005
Thanks
Thanks for the response, i'm pretty sure it was treated two or three days or a week after the symptons occurred. I will however consult my doctor take some dreaded tests! Meanwhile i'll keep trying!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...