For several weeks I had been having pain in my mid abdomin. My docs did a series of tests and decided it was probably an ulcer. They finally found it when they did an upper gi scope. It was causes by h pylori. I took prev pack for 14 days and still didnt get better. My doctors are keeping me on prevacid, whith I dont think is working. I wanted to take nexium but I had an allergic reaction to it. I am also takeing caraphate to coat my ulcer. I am taking levsin for it too. Nothing seems to be working. I am miserable everyday. The docs keep telling me just to give it time because ulcers take time to heal. Well this stupid thing has ruined my entire summer and I am so sick of it. If anyone has any suggestions for me please let me know. This is driving me crazy!!!!! :x
tia
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 26th, 2005
Tia
I do feel for you !! Seems like you are taking a lot of medications for it? My husband had h pylori ulcer and it took three courses of antibiotics to clear it . I developed an ulcer in the late 80's (i am 40 now) it was caused purely and simply by stress and no knowledge of how to handle my emotions in certain circumstances, so I bottled it all up and it finally erupted on the day I dicovered that I was now divorced!!! I had 24 mouth ulcers, 6 of which were on my tongue, and one in my stomache,, I have taken ranitidine 300mg daily but did not want to rely on it so I now agreed with my doctors that I only take it when I feel an attack coming on and the rest is tryong to destress my life!!!! I also had a brain heamorrage
and stroke after stress so I am serious when I talk of just letting go of things that simply are not worth head room, dexi
|

replied September 30th, 2013
Experienced User
I got treated by usine DGL for a week. Please search on google about licorice or DGL.
|

replied September 14th, 2005
Lol.
crap mate ive had an ulcer for atleast 9 months now and I dont know what is going on. Theres no h pylori, its sjut from eating poorly/ stress or whateva.
Ive tried eating right etc but nothings helped. Ive had every type of drug but nothings worked so I started going to a natrupath im drinking tea and what ever else... Thats worked abit but I keep !**@! up and drinking on the weekend. Biggest mistake was doing x once. That was really bad...
|

replied October 2nd, 2005
Re: My Ulcer Wont Go Away!!!
kansas wrote:
for several weeks I had been having pain in my mid abdomin. My docs did a series of tests and decided it was probably an ulcer. They finally found it when they did an upper gi scope. It was causes by h pylori. I took prev pack for 14 days and still didnt get better. My doctors are keeping me on prevacid, whith I dont think is working. I wanted to take nexium but I had an allergic reaction to it. I am also takeing caraphate to coat my ulcer. I am taking levsin for it too. Nothing seems to be working. I am miserable everyday. The docs keep telling me just to give it time because ulcers take time to heal. Well this stupid thing has ruined my entire summer and I am so sick of it. If anyone has any suggestions for me please let me know. This is driving me crazy!!!!! :x
tia

i have been suffering from ulcers for a year. I am two years post gastric bypass and this has ruined my life. Along with the constant pain, I am totally depressed because I cant do anything. I live on pain medication that does not seem to come close to touching it. All I can say is do a lot of praying and find a doc that will listen and do something about it
|

replied October 15th, 2005
More than 90% of ulcer cases are caused by the bacterium helicobacter pylori. You seem to be one of them.

A strong combination of antibiotics should potentially rid you of the bacteria. Try every combination possible. (ask your doctor about bismuth.) I cannot stress how important this information is--marshall and warren just a couple of weeks ago, won the nobel prize in medicine for this. If one set of antibiotics does not work, try another. Mind you, they must be rather potent, and not just on the counter types.

Just a side-note: it is a myth that ulcers are caused by stress. It is only by coincidence that you get an ulcer during a time of anxiety.
|

replied December 2nd, 2005
Please read my post http://ehealthforum.Com/health/topic48534. Html

it will tell you what to do. I forgot to add you can't have coffee either to it.

Good luck!
|

replied December 6th, 2005
Experienced User
|

replied December 9th, 2005
Are you fooling yourself? Do you not consume sugar from the canes? Do you not consume wheat? We constantly consume food and water with bacteria. Do a search on mycotoxins. You have been fooled by popular belief.
|

replied February 18th, 2011
ya what the hell ive had a peptic ulcer for 3 years now and it wont go away and i have major pain everyday nothin is workin
|

replied July 11th, 2011
ULCERS SUCK BIGTIME
ULCERS SUCK! ZEGREID SEEMS TO HELP THO....BUT I ATE INDIAN FOOD OVER THE W/END AND DRANK A GUINESS AND NOWS ITS NOT HAPPY AGAIN.......I WANT MY LIFE BACK!
|

replied August 27th, 2013
I've had an ulcer for 3 years that hasn't healed. It was caused from ibuprofen use (high doses on an empty stomach, burned a hole right through it, I spent a week in the hospital and had to get 3 bags of blood infused). The doc thinks it's not healing based on where the blood supply was cut during the gastric bypass. Really screwed myself with that one..... sigh. She just started me on sulcralate, we'll see what happens. BTW just watched a documentary on Netflix about Stress and it says that stress DOES contribute to the ulcers caused by H. Pylori because stress greatly reduces your ability to fight the bacteria and then it takes over..... stress isn't the direct cause but it IS a contributory factor. Makes sense, stress can kill you.
|

User Profile
replied September 10th, 2013
I agree....stress can have catastrophic effects on the body, I have had an ulcer for 3 years and have learned this. Remove yourself from the stressful situation if possible, for an amount of time and see how much your health will improve.
|

replied April 24th, 2017
Have you guys been able to heal your ulcers? I've had one for two years now.
|

replied December 20th, 2017
I'm 17 years old and have been dealing with health issues for the past 2 years. I had a sore throat every day for the past two years and a year into my sickness I did one of the gi scopes and they found 3 stomach ulcers. I've been on a really high dosage of dexilant and famotadine for a year and it still hasn't improved any of my symptoms. I used to be social but when I am not at practicing (I'm an athlete. How fun with being sick all the time) I am sleeping because I literally never feel good. I've been to multiple doctors and none of them help. I don't think I can go to college with this sickness
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...