Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

What Is This? Bad Heart Pains/etc.

Alright, here's the problem. Sometimes i'll just be doing something, doesn't matter what it is, sitting and watchign t.V., exercising, walking, cooking, anything and this happens at random times. All of a sudden my heart area gets the most horrible horrible pain imaginable. I've been standing up before and it'l happen and i'll jsut fall over, it hurtas too bad to do anything buit cry and twist and turn. I'll also get shortness of breath. It feels like something is building up in a spot and about to burst whatever it's building up in cause it can't get past where it needs to.

It'll make me horribly dizzy, also. It just feels like somethign is stretchign way too far in my heart and the pain is just horrible, I can't explain it. I've had my whole forehead cut all the way across, i've been hit by a car, tons of things. Nothing even comes close to 1/10 the pain of this. At the end of whatever it is (usually after about 2-3 minutes) it feels like something popped and whatever was building up started just flowing away.

My family does have a history of heart problems, not many family members but some. I'm only 15 and don't feel like gettign a heart attack or anything similiar soon. So, any ideas as to what this is?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 27th, 2005
Experienced User
If you haven't been already got to a doctor or the hospital about this as soon as possible, just to be sure...
|

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These features are suggestive of anxiety disorder. However, ECG and holter monitoring should be done to rule out ischemic heart disease or arrhythmias.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.