Okay, so if you've read any of my posts, you'll know i'm a hypochondriac and have anxiety out my wazoo, not to mention all my neuroses. And this may just be my hypochondia at work, but I swear to jeebus that I have had this cold for a month now! Is that normal? The glands in my neck have been swollen for the same length of time, as well. Is that normal? It's been travelling between my head, throat and is now firmly rooted in my lungs, and it's freakin' me out!

Could it be that my immune system is just weakened from stress? 'cuz, ladies and gents, i've been stressed for like 28 years now, more so in the last few months. Am I just nuts or what? I've been to that doctor and am going again on the 22nd for a follow up. Should I be worried? He didn't seem too terribly concerned, even with my weight loss of 15 (which could be my braces).

Am I just overanalyzing here?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Experienced User
Hey Calm Sweetie....
I understand about the stress, I have suffered with stress for along time also. Your right about your immune system being weak. I suggest you get up in the morning and do some yoga, deep breathing, which cleanses your lympthatic system. Also some excercise, learn a new hobbie like tennis, to sooth the stress, you can't be stressed when you are excercising. It's impossible.

I get swollen glands, this is eased by reducing the stress and eating a more healthy diet. I suggest you get out have more fun and stop analysing things so much, you will feel much happier. Unless, like me you have agoraphobia, which makes it very difficult to go out. Even so with help, I manage to get to the courts to run around with my bf, and it's okay, as long as he is near me. To be left on my own for a few mins would send me nuts.

I would suggest pampering yourself, spending time with yourself, read, build up your strength mentally. There is a huge connection between body and mind. You can't have health in one without the other. So make sure you don't neglect yourself. Be kind to you!!

Good luck, and take care honey, if concerned, go to the doc, if you have been diagnosed with hypocondria, then they may just think it's part of your disorader and overlook it. I suggest that you help yourself first and if it doesn't improve, then go to the doctor. I would be classed as a hyperchondriac if I mentioned to the doctor everything that was wrong with me, as panicking does have a tendancy to make you feel totally unwell,

just remember there is alot of support out there for you, and that the best help for you is yourself :) love yourself, and put yourself first.

All the best hun x
|

replied August 11th, 2005
Do you work with children????? I have been a teacher for on and off for almost 15 years. I get really sick being around children, picking up colds, virus' etc. I had to finally leave teaching, I was so sick. All winter my lymph nodes were swollen, I was coughing, sneezing, weak, worn down.
Since I have been away from kids, I am fine and healthy. Look at your lifestyle,, sometimes doctors don't have all the answers or usually dont try to find the answers. Look at where you live, where you work, etc. How is the air quality, water quality?? Only you can help yourself.....
|

replied August 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Did you kiss any strange girls or have sex with a hooker? It could be mono.. If not, I think you're dying of the med student disease. If you learn a lot about psych, medicine and all that, a lot of people flip out and think that they have diff diseases. The doctor wasn't concerned so you are groovy. Don't worry about it and go get drunk and laid. Right now i'm majoring in psych and one day i'm a sociopath, the next day i'm bipolar... And then i'm this and that. You aren't sick or the doctor would have been concerned.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...