My gallstones really are giving me a lot of pain,i went in to have my gallbladder removed but when it came to the opp I had a very bad reaction to the anaesthetic it took 7 hours to bring me round,so I didnt end up having the opp,and felt really bad after,has anyone had a reaction like this,what did you have instead? Please reply I need some answers.Thankyou x:(
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 30th, 2018
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Symptoms due to gall bladder conditions like GB stones and cholecystitis include - Pain or tenderness under the rib cage on the ‎right side , Pain between shoulder blades, Stools light or chalky colored, Indigestion after ‎eating, especially fatty or greasy foods, Nausea, Dizziness, Bloating, Gas, Burping or belching, ‎Feeling of fullness or food not digesting, Diarrhea (or alternating from soft to watery) and or ‎Constipation.

If you are symptomatic and tests including ultrasound have detected Gall stones or reduced GB function, then you may need a low fat Diet , physical exercise , Medications can help to control symptoms. If not controlled , Surgery would be the best option.

If surgery cannot be done, then the only option would be with Improved diet (Avoidance of high fatty foods and grease), Physical exercise, weight loss provide the best results ‎in ‎‎individuals with low functioning gall bladder. Medicines to improve digestion and cleanse the gall bladder ‎can also ‎‎be prescribed to help in improvement of your symptoms.

You might be benefited by consulting your primary care physician who can examine you and provide proper medical assistance.

I hope this helps.‎

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.