Hey guys im just wondering if any of you know if its safe to use asthma medication while you are pregnant.....Im 17 weeks pregnant n my doctor told me I wasnt aloud to use my puffer thingy anymore because I was pregnant but everyone else seems to think he is wrong.
Do you think I should get a 2nd opinion????
I have trouble with my asthma alot and if im still able to use my puffer then it would be really helpful!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 16th, 2005
Asthma N Pregnancy
Hi I also have asthma but sports related so I am mainly affected in winter and while trying to exercise. I am not pregant but my husband and I plan on starting to try soon I am someone who likes to know everything before getting started, my asthma is a concern for me so the research I have found say some asthma medication is fine do seek a second opinion as you need to think if you are struggling to breath your baby will also be struggling and this may cause problems with its development of lungs or the size of your baby etc.... I do not want to worry you but this is a concern I have also.
Good luck and congrats let me know how you get on as I will be in your situation hopefully one day
|

replied August 16th, 2005
I have asthma and had it all my life. When I was pregnant I saw a pulmonolgist(sp) and he said it was ok to take all my mes. I was on advair, and was able to take albuterol serevent flovent and prednzone if it was needed just ask your doc what meds are you on right now
|

replied August 17th, 2005
You absolutely can use your inhaler during pregnancy. I have the viral enduced asthma and when I asked my doctor about it he said that they treat asthma the same as when ur not pregnant and that its perfectly safe to use the inhaler as needed.
|

replied November 8th, 2011
DONT WORRY ALL..I HAVE ASTHMA FROM MY CHILDHOOD. WHEN I WAS PLANING TO GET MARRIED ONE OF MY CONCERN WAS PREGNANCY. NOW I AM MOTHER OF 1 AND A HALF YEAR OLD BABY. I ENJOYED MY PREGNANCY TIME LIKE OR MORE THAN ANY OTHER WOMEN . MY delivery WAS NORMAL. SO ALL DONT WORRY, ENJOY THE pregnancy. I TOOK MEDICINES(INHALER) ALL THROUGH OUT MY PREGNANCY TIME.
|
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....