I am currectly on birth control and me and my husband are wanting to get pregnant how long after not taking the bc will I be expecting
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 23rd, 2005
Well, I was on bc for 8 years. I just went off the first week of july and had my period the following week. My husband and I were doing this because we heard that it can take a few months for you to get pregnant. (and we wanted to be prego in nov/dec) but..I took a pregnancy test 4 days ago because I hadn't gotten my period yet. It was positive 2 times in a row. Unfortunately for me though, I am pretty positive in the middle of a miscarraige right now starting yesterday. I will find out for definate tomorrow after a second blood test. But anyway, my ob told me we should have waited for 3 months until we started having unprotected sex because going off the pill can slow down the nerve cells or whatever in the faloppian tubes and the eggs won't pass into the uterus as easily. So it can lead to eptopic pregnancy or the eggs could just as she said "poop out" because they are confused. So, to make a long story short, I think you should wait a full three months after you stop your bc until you start trying to have a baby. Some women have gotten pregnant really quicly after stopping the pill like me, and they had a healthy baby and everything, but there is that risk that I fell into and it hurts emotionally more than anything. Best of luck to you and yours.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....