Ok I have pcos, and I know better than to read all of these posts but I cant help it, my husband and I are ttc and I am scared to death that I wont be able to, we do have a 7 year old girl and I found out about 3 years ago that I have pcos, my periods are regular because of the meds, anyways I just needed to vent because I feel so sad, im only 23 and I dont want to be told I cant have more babys :cry: :cry: im consumed with these horrible thoughts, all I can think about is having a baby!!! My poor husband must feel like he is being used. Lol. Thanks for taking time to read
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 12th, 2005
Don't worry about it so much! I'm in the same boat with the pcos but I don't even have one child! I was told when I was 17 (i'm 22), but really my np hardly told me anything about it and she didn't even run any tests to confirm to dx. I recently decided to look up all the info myself recently and was so upset when I found out it was linked to diabetes and all the horrible stats on achieving pregnancy. I'm about to go to a new doctor to get the ir part treated but i'm not ttc yet (my boyfriend and I have two years before we can marry). I called him sobbing when it hit me that I might not ever have kids. But then it hit me that you can't worry about it to much, otherwise it will make things worse. There are many women with pcos who had children without even trying and the fact that you have one already is a good sign. I think they make it sound alot worse than it is. Plus, there are alot of treatments that can help! When I get worried I just remind myself that my grandmother ttc for eight years before she got pregnant. Once she stopped trying and stopped worrying she found herself pregnant. She ended up with 3 kids. So don't stress!
|

replied August 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Thank you for your reply it helps to talk to others, I know I shoul stop thinking about it, I am going to make a doc appointment to put my mind at ease thank you again, good luck to you, im always here to talk :)
|

replied May 18th, 2006
What are pcos?
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....