Hi everyone, I moved to the beach about a month ago from the mountains. I have been having these mild headaches each day but as soon as I go to the water and surf it gets real bad, I tried sinus pills, I tried ib profien, doesnt do a thing, I have tried slightly stronger pills, and last night I was temperarily relived when I took a arthritis pill. I am in my 20's and dont have athritis....It has been really bad the last few days not in the water and I am sick of it, it ruins my dayly activities and makes me kind of miserable. I am hydrated, have slept anough, I eat well and the same as usual, and I have plenty of excersise. What is it? Any ideas? Anything I can do without going to a doctor?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 10th, 2005
Have you had the headaches for a while or did they just start when you moved? It could be something environmental. I don't know why the water would be a factor, though.

Also, for a lot of people, headache problems start in their 20s or early 30s. There's really no way to know what the underlying cause is unless you see a doctor. And even then, it often takes a while to figure out the true cause of headaches. They'll run a bunch of tests. If they don't find anything wrong, they'll try standard treatments for headache. That's a trial and error process to find out what meds work best for your body.

This isn't to discourage you; just to tell you what to expect. Seeing a doctor sounds like the best way to go. You can make sure nothing is seriously wrong and you can start in on treatment.

Take care.

-kerrie
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....