I am posting this question for my girlfriend because she thinks she is pregnant. She has not missed a period yet but she thinks she will miss it this time.

Before her period she normally gets a white liquid in her underwear. I have read my forums that this is quite normal however, this month she noticed a dark yellow liquid in her underwear, like a mustard color. It is in her underwear in splotches.

Please let me know if this is a symptom of pregnancy.
What is this liquid?

Alex
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 10th, 2005
Experienced User
As far as I understand it...Your body changes when you are pregnant and you produce a different kind of cervical mucus (which I think is what you are describing). Is it possible that she could be pregnant????

The other possibility is that she has an infection such as thrush or something. I would recommend that your girlfriend books into the doctor for a check up. Then you will know!

Good luck.
|

replied August 10th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
As dark as "like mustard" I think she defineately needs to see a Dr. Sounds like an infection. Lite yellow may be a yeast infection, which is also common in pregnancy, due to chemical and hormonal changes in the body. It throws you normal balance off.
|

replied August 21st, 2005
Go to Doctor
I work as a nurse for obgyn. The symptoms you describe could be related to a bacterial or viral infection. Std clamydia. It is necessary for her to be seen so you will now if you will need to be checked as well

michelle
|

replied November 8th, 2005
Experienced User
What Could This Be?
Ok I started my period o november the third and it lasted for five days
but it wasnt even anything close to a normal period.It varied in colour from light pink,red,brown.And my boobs hurt before I got my period.
But now they are not hurting.And I feel sick to my stomach and I am constipated.And lastnight I just suddenly got really tired.Im not on birth control.And the last time that I had unprotected sex was on october the 16
i took a pregnancy test this morning but it was negative.
If anyone knows what is happening.Or if this has ever happened to anyone.I would greatly appreciate some anwsers.I could really them

thanks
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...