Okay, according to the first day of my last period, I am 5 weeks along. My last period was irregular, but my test were negative up until 2 days after my first missed period.

I look pregnant. Everyone can tell. My stomach is sticking out and hard. Even my mom said to me today "omg are u sure your only 5 weeks?" but even if I were 9 weeks, would I be this big? I have gained about 3-4 lbs this month, only in my stomach. My pants dont fit me anymore.

The strange thing is, my breasts are bigger, but not sore, and I have had very very very little morning sickness. I go to the doctor for the first time at the beginning of september. Someone told me that since this is my 2nd pregnancy, that I may show sooner... But how normal is this?? Should I be worried??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 4th, 2005
Re: Tummy Growing Fast
Hey im going to have my baby in 4 weeks and when I was 5 months pg I looked like if I was 8 months u could only imagine how big I am now but people tell me thats its normal because I had a small body.But I also think that ive gained to much weight im now 134lbs and before I got pg I weighted 100lbs so thats alot of weight gained but dont worry your not alone.
|

replied August 4th, 2005
Experienced User
Im 18 weeks, almost 19 weeks and I dont look big at all. I have a tiny belly, really tiny. Some people didnt know I was pregnant until someone had said something. I tell my bf that maybe its just cuz we are gonna have a tiny baby. Im not really a big girl either, I am 5'8 and weighed 135lbs before I got pregnant and now im fat! I weigh 150! And I dont really look pregnant. I have a belly, but not really that big. Yesterday I went swimming in my bfs sisters pool and you know how pressure from water kinda makes ur tummy feel like ur suckin it in, well I felt my belly and its little! Makes me worried..Ne one else like that?
|

replied August 4th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Some girls actually don't start showing until 6 months!

And if your showing when your early, I dont think its nothing to be worried about, i'm 3 months and have a little pooch, which is pretty normal.
|

replied August 4th, 2005
Experienced User
With my 1st one I didn't show until I was about 7 months along and that is no joke. I wasn't over weight or anything. She was a big baby too. With my 2nd I was wearing maternity clothes by the time I was 3 months. My stomach had already started to really harden. He was a big baby too. When I was 6 months people thought I was due anyday. And I was all belly and butt. Lol
|

replied August 6th, 2005
The second one always pokes out faster than the 1st one. And it is possible that your a little farther along than you think. Especially with that boob thing.. I grew a cup size in about 2 weeks.. And if your not having morning sickness.. That just means your one of the lucky ones..
|

replied August 6th, 2005
Experienced User
Thanks guys!

I had a little morning sickness today, I actually threw up lol. Another thing that worries me is my weight. 3 days ago I weighed myself at 154 lbs and now I weigh 158 lbs today. I have been eating more through-out the day in smaller meals, but not enough to gain 4 lbs in 3 days.. I know I have alot of water weight and bloating, but I feel my stomach is just getting bigger!

I am going to give a local doctor a call and see if they can work with me. My insurance doesnt kick in until the beginning of september but I feel like I really need the advice and guidance of a doctor right now... Yeesh!
|

replied August 6th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: ...
dalicialynn wrote:
some girls actually don't start showing until 6 months!

And if your showing when your early, I dont think its nothing to be worried about, i'm 3 months and have a little pooch, which is pretty normal.

ok ladies..I have you all beat ..You think gaining only 35 lbs is large?..Huh?.....I went from 115lbs to 180 lbs. How do you like them apples?..It could be alot worse. And that weight gain wasn't from mcdonalds or wendy's either.

My baby was almost 10 lbs. I lost 25 by the time I left the hospital 3 days later..And I am currently 125. I think i'll stay around this weight..Cause I looked like a ethiopian before. I am 5'4. I feel really good, and I have curves in all the right spots!!

When it comes to pregnancy..Don't worry about the weight your putting on. It's all for your baby, and do whatever it takes to make sure its healthy. I worried and whined the whole 9 months and didn't enjoy it, becuase of it. Looking back I kick myself because I have this beautiful child, and didn't enjoy him in my belly at all. I feel really guilty...But..Like I said, hes beautiful and super healthy so if I gained 100 lbs, it wouldn't have mattered in the end.

Good luck mama's!!
|

replied August 6th, 2005
Experienced User
pocket angel wrote:
okay, according to the first day of my last period, I am 5 weeks along. My last period was irregular, but my test were negative up until 2 days after my first missed period.

I look pregnant. Everyone can tell. My stomach is sticking out and hard. Even my mom said to me today "omg are u sure your only 5 weeks?" but even if I were 9 weeks, would I be this big? I have gained about 3-4 lbs this month, only in my stomach. My pants dont fit me anymore.

The strange thing is, my breasts are bigger, but not sore, and I have had very very very little morning sickness. I go to the doctor for the first time at the beginning of september. Someone told me that since this is my 2nd pregnancy, that I may show sooner... But how normal is this?? Should I be worried??

i am 5 months pregnant and I wake up some mornings and dont have a bump and some mornings I look 7 months pregnant it all depends where the placenta is and what postion the baby is lying but if your only 5 weeks pregnant whick means that you are 3 weeks after conception id say it is water retention and fluid. Your baby is no bigger than your thumb at this point.
|

replied March 5th, 2009
re: Q: Tummy Growing Fast
asked by: Pocket Angel on August 4th, 2005
Experienced User
Okay, according to the first day of my last period, I am 5 weeks along. My last period was irregular, but my test were negative up until 2 days after my first missed period.

hi there, i also have the same problem. are you irregular too?i have irregular period but last feb.4 2009 i had my period then me and my bf have sex without protection.i havent had my period yet till now (march 6) but when i take a test, it was negative.my concern was my tummy is pooching out everyday(i never had kids before but i had this belly thing since before,im only 98lbs.)one day when i wake up i noticed my tummy gets bigger and i have this frequent urination going on,plus i became regular in bowel movement(i am usually irregular) when i wake up in the morning i had this urge to go to the bathroom.i have no sore boobs,high libido (wanted to have sex all the time),i am getting sleepless night(cant sleep properly)i dont really feel tired at all but during the time i feel like i am ovulating i felt a mild cramps the next day after having sex.then one week later i felt sharp twinges on top of my vagina just for seconds but comes and goes,it lasted for almost 2days.during that week too im also experiencing dull aches in the pelvic area(left side).i really wanted to have a child but because i had negative result(i was so upset)im so worried that i may have an ovarian disorder or worst ovarian cancer..please let me know if these things i am experiencing right now are signs of pregnancy or something else..please,it will be greatly appreciated.im really scared of the worst thing that could happen to me.am i the only one that get negative result IF i am really pregnant?
|

replied March 5th, 2009
Pocket Angel wrote:

hi there, i also have the same problem. are you irregular too?i have irregular period but last feb.4 2009 i had my period then me and my bf have sex without protection.i havent had my period yet till now (march 6) but when i take a test, it was negative.my concern was my tummy is pooching out everyday(i never had kids before but i had this belly thing since before,im only 98lbs.)one day when i wake up i noticed my tummy gets bigger and i have this frequent urination going on,plus i became regular in bowel movement(i am usually irregular) when i wake up in the morning i had this urge to go to the bathroom.i have no sore boobs,high libido (wanted to have sex all the time),i am getting sleepless night(cant sleep properly)i dont really feel tired at all but during the time i feel like i am ovulating i felt a mild cramps the next day after having sex.then one week later i felt sharp twinges on top of my vagina just for seconds but comes and goes,it lasted for almost 2days.during that week too im also experiencing dull aches in the pelvic area(left side).i really wanted to have a child but because i had negative result(i was so upset)im so worried that i may have an ovarian disorder or worst ovarian cancer..please let me know if these things i am experiencing right now are signs of pregnancy or something else..please,it will be greatly appreciated.im really scared of the worst thing that could happen to me.am i the only one that get negative result IF i am really pregnant?
|

replied July 14th, 2009
I am 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant. It looks like i am pregnant too. Some people say that you can barely tell, but others (most) say that i am already showing and am kinda big for being 5 weeks. My breasts have not gotten bigger, but my aerolas are darker. I was a 34D at start and i really dont want to grow any more then that! I am petite with a big bust. I like it but i am fine with my size Sad my belly doesnt matter though i want it to get big already!
|

replied September 13th, 2012
you think you got bust issues, i have a small 28inch waist with 32G bust naturally, now I am 5 weeks pregnant, look pregnant (or beer belly haha) still fit in all my bra's, at the moment but if they grow much, i'll have to have specially made bra's !! i'm only 5'2 !!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...