Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

Severe Pain In Rib Cage Area Feels Like Sqeezing of Guts

For the past 2 years, the day that I had my baby, I have had severe pain in my rib cage area. I have had xrays, cat scans, blood work, and just yesterday I had an egd. Everything has been normal and if it hasn't I have already had the problem fixed. I had my gallbladder taken out 2 1/2 years ago, so I know that its not that. I have had kidney stones and its not that. I thought that it was an ulcer untill yesterday and they said that it wasn't. I go to surgerns and drs trying to find out what it is. My surgern said that it might be ibs, but I don't think its that. The pain feels like someone is inside my rib cage area, and is just sqeezing all of my guts. It will happen a few times a week, and it will happen about 6 times a day and last for about 30 min each time. Its severe pain. I have gone to the er many times and they can not find anything. Sitting a different way doesn't seem to help, and I can not figure out if it is anything that I have ate, or anything that I have done to cause the problem. It just happens whenever. I have noticed that it would hurt when I drank liquer.(so I stopped that) they took a biopsy of my stomach becasue it looked irritated, and I will know the results of that friday, but I don't think that will show anything either. Any one with any help or suggestions??? Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 19th, 2009
Gut ache
pain is to the left of my belly button 3"s and hurts like crazy after urinating and cannot stand up straight, I stay bent over and sit for about 30 minutes, then move a bit and start hurting, pain was all day today. I am 57 years old and very healthy, not over weight and work as a builder.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...