Has anyone tried a natural product called "recovery" for gout? Or another natural herbal product called "gout cure"? I have tried allopurinol but do not like the side effects of this drug. Nsaids like indomethacin work for acute attacks, but have become less effective for me, and have severe side effects also. Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 14th, 2004
I tried several proprietory cures but none worked. Since my last gout attack in jul 03 I have been gout free due to following a regimen I developed using fasting and detoxification. I have been able to eat food high in purines and have tested unfriendly foods to see if the gout would come back. So far it hasn't!
|

replied February 2nd, 2004
So could you post this regimen you have been on so the rest of us could try it or can we look forward to seeing it in a book on a web page that will cost us hundreds of dollars to buy?
|

replied June 29th, 2004
Cheap Cure For Gout!
After going through so much, I don't even want to talk about it all, I found my own cure for gout.

It is a little bottle of hydrocloric acid and you can get it on the internet from self health resources (i think that's right) for $3.99. Sprinkle it on your food -- not more than 45 drops per day. It tastes salty, not bad at all. After about 5 days, you won't have gout anymore. You might have to stay on it for about a month, but maybe you won't. I don't need it anymore except for a couple times a year and then only for a day or two.

Gout is caused by the body not producing uricase -- an end product of digestion. Your stomach contains hydrocholic acid, but if you have gout, you don't have enough acid to properly digest -- especially proteins.

Good luck and write it you have any questions.

|

replied June 29th, 2004
Experienced User
Re: Cheap Cure For Gout!
Very interesting. I cured my gout with something opposit -- 12 spoonfuls of baking soda in water over 12 days. Details of my gout experiences and other gout info can be found at http://www.Icuredmygout.Org .
|

replied November 18th, 2004
Gout
I've had gout for five years. I am only 30. I've just started the baking soda regimen and I hope like hell it works.
|

replied April 16th, 2005
My Cure For Gout. This Is Good Folks!
I have found a miracle solution for my gout which has gotten worse, with more frequent and incredibly painful bouts.

I've had all the drugs from my doctor, and i've eaten cherries until I couldn't stand another. None of it worked.

My wife brought home a flat of strawberries from the school where she teaches, and they sat in the fridge for a couple of days. Everytime i'd open it, they'd be sitting there, going to waste. I had read somewhere that strawberries might actually exacerbate the condition, so I was reluctant. But I was in real pain, so I tried it. As god is my whitness, I ate a half of a box of fresh strawberries and two hours later I was a new man. After taking alipurnol, colchicine, and vicadin when it got really bad, strawberries have proven to be the gout killer. It doesn't just give me relief, it I feel like I barely have gout now. I eat a handfull every other day, and have smoothies, and I haven't had a bout or even a threat of one in three months. This week I decided to really test it. We had a party and there were friends from puerto rico here. The last time they were here they brought a bottle of fine rum. I broke it out and we had a fun time. I also ate chocolate, ice cream, red meat, and drank 3 beers, all within 2 hours. This cocktail combination would have proved deadly before I discoverd strawberries to be my saving grace. But the only thing I was feeling was hung over!

If you are suffering from gout, try strawberries. Eat a whole box, every day for a week. You can scale back as I did. The anti-oxidents in strawberries seem to have given me a psudo cure. I am a new man. More invigorated. My head is more clear. I have much more energy. The only thing i've done is i've gotten off the pills and am eating lots of strawberries. I've also not had coffee for two months. But i'd been wanting to give that up for a long time try it and send me an email. I want to know if it's just working for me, or for others too.

Don
|

replied April 16th, 2005
Had you used the gentle body cleanse, you wouldn't have been hungover.
|

replied March 24th, 2009
lifestyle change looks like the best cure
apart from short term cures to reduce pain such as apple cider vinegar it seems like the best long term cure is to modify your lifestyle to lose weight, drink less alcohol, drink more water, eat less fatty meats and offal and eat more fresh fruit and (some) vegetables.
|

replied April 25th, 2009
Strawberries
I read the post about strawberries, as my husband has his first attack of gout. He had been on Colchinine for 2 days. He ate 6 large strawberries and within 2 hours, there was a definite reduction in the redness and swelling. Amazing.
|

replied August 5th, 2009
Celery Seed Extract
I hadn't noticed anyone mention celery seed extract. This is something that worked wonders for me back in the late 90's. I wasn't bothered with gout again until this last couple weeks. The extract is not as easy to come by as it once was just at the local GNC. I had to order it online this time but the price was basically the same minus the wonderful shipping charges.
|

replied January 15th, 2013
Gout relief
My gout started about 8 years ago(I am 56yrs old). Until March 2012 I was getting it every 2 months, not severe but irritating. I could drive, use the clutch and wear shoes. My father in contrast could not put a sheet over his foot because of the pain. I got gout even when on a fitness regime and watching what I ate and drank (and I am probably 8kgs over weight at 6.0ft). From March 2012 I have been doing the following drinking:
1 glass alkaline powder, 1 glass of active cherry juice(100%) in soda water, 1000mg of Vitamin C and a glass of papaya juice.
I have not had a bad attack since. Although I had 3 minor flare-ups just after our winter. I used 1 colcochin and 1 diclofenac ever 4 hours over a 12 hour period - gout gone.
I also bought myself a tester so I know when I suspect that the minor flare-up is gout.
Mot sure if this is helping to keep gout at bay...but finger's crossed it seems to be helping me.
|

replied January 30th, 2013
1/30/13
I have had gout for about 10 years, I'm 50. It would come maybe once or twice a year. 2 really bad ones in my knees a few years ago. 32 days ago I got it it has gotten worse even with meds from my doc. I have systematicly tried one natural cure after the other. This morning it was the baking soda, water and lime . I have been on crutches for 3 weeks in bed from Friday till Mondays. Within 2 hours I was off the crutches. I did it again at noon and 6 pm. It's 8 pm and not one sign of a twinge. During the last month I have completely modified my diet zero drinking of alcohol. I've lost 16 lbs. I feel great don't crave anything. My mental and physical healt mean more than a steak and a drink. Good luck I pray for all of us with horrible diease.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....