Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Passing Hiv From Partner to Partner.

A few nghts ago a friend and I received oral sex from the same girl.

My friend went first and after he was done she performed oral sex on me.

I've somehow gotten it in my head that he might be infected with aids and seeing as how she performed it on me about 1 or 2 minutes after she did it to him - i'm worried that if he was hiv positive, I may have contracted it.

My friend tests for hiv and all other diseases about twice a year and has never had anything - but i'm scared that maybe he has gotten something since his last test and has somehow passed it onto me through the above mentioned events. He is a very sexually active person.

What are my chances of risk in a situation like this. I'm paranoid as hell about this kind of thing and kinda went ahead with it in an intoxicated state - not thinking ahead (yes I know like an idiot)

please help with this. Thankyou.

Last edited by wavecast on August 1st, 2005 11:20 AM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 1st, 2005
Anybody?
|

replied August 1st, 2005
Please I would really like some advice on this matter.

I've searched and cannot seem to find any situations similar to mine.
|

replied August 1st, 2005
What the hell are you doing sitting there with a hard on with a naked guy in the same room?

As for your hiv worries it is very doubtful. There would have to be infected fluid in her mouth that got transferred to your bloodstream (highly unlikely). Get a test and ease your mind.
|

replied August 1st, 2005
It really doesn't bother me if a guy has a hard on in the same room - i'm not homophobic.

8)

thankyou for the response though - it's appreciated.
|

replied August 1st, 2005
Any other opinions on this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Hi there! This day and age anything is possible, I could not handle being single in this day and age and I hope my husband never cheats on me but getting back to the topic, yes, you should be tested, not only to ease your mind but also so you will not pass it on and early treatment is the best.

Good luck to you and think safe sex even if it means two condoms, it may not be as good but a heck of a lot better then aids.
|

replied August 1st, 2005
sandyallen wrote:
hi there! This day and age anything is possible, I could not handle being single in this day and age and I hope my husband never cheats on me but getting back to the topic, yes, you should be tested, not only to ease your mind but also so you will not pass it on and early treatment is the best.

Good luck to you and think safe sex even if it means two condoms, it may not be as good but a heck of a lot better then aids.

i probably will get tested anyways - but I hate the fact that i'm freaking out over what's probably nothing. This guy probably isn't even hiv positive - but i've gotten it in my head that I may have caught something. I get paranoid as hell over this type of thing.
|

replied August 1st, 2005
Anything is possible but it's still unlikely you could get infected that way. Considering that his bodily fluids were exposed to the outside air and her mouth and, assuming he was infected, the virus would quickly become deactivated with each passing moment. Plus the amount that would still be in her mouth if any would be so small that a transmission this way would be very unlikely.

I'm not a liberal so I wouldn't feel comfortable in a room with a naked man and a girl with another man’s semen in her mouth but I guess you don't mind. It's just kind of....Gay....Not that i'm accusing you of being gay, mind you. In any case just get the test (it will be negative) and you can get with your life.
|

replied August 21st, 2005
Wavecast - I know how you feel. I think I am freaking out over nothing as well... But it's really affecting me. I've never down anything irresponsible with sex but like you, when I was intoxicated I did things I shouldn't have. Now i'm worried about the consequences.

Anyways, what is done is done, and get your tests done. I got tested negative, but i'm still worried because there's a long window period. I sure learned my lesson well.
|

replied August 27th, 2005
Experienced User
Advise
Many people will have different opinions as to the behavior. The bottom line is that it happened and I am grateful for the details for they seem to be honest. Many people wouldn't imagine being involved in situations described by the original thread. However, situations like what was described happen everyday around the globe, in your neighborhood, at college campuses, at the bar down the street, etc. It happens!

At least we are able to give advise knowing all of the circumstances.

I would share that the risk is so small that it would snow in miami before a positive result occurs. That's a fact! First, everyone is concerned about his male friend having hiv, but what about the female? The truth is that when we evaluate and document risk, she is the one who has placed herself at the highest level of risk in the situation as the insertive recipient. Many people simply don't realize that hiv and saliva don't agree with each other, so the possibilities are extremely minimal. Ironically, hiv is not strong when exposed to any type of water or air. It is so fragile. This is probably why I am not aware of one single case of successful transmission from a male receiving hiv from the mouth of a female. I'm sure it has happened, somewhere in the globe maybe undocumented, and that is why it is such a personal decision.

What would I do?

Well, I certainly wouldn't advocate for the elimination of foreplay. Let's be real, we both need it! However, the truth is that if you are willing to stand in a room with another guy while acting sexually with a third party and are comfortable, you may also be comfortable with having unprotected sex. There lies the real risk! Only you know for sure if you have had unprotected sex in the past. I would continue to advocate to make sure that when someone is performing any type of vaginal/anal intercourse that a condom is used. I would make sure that the partner and I would properly test to assure that we are risk free prior to haing unprotected sex.

However, we don't live in this type of world. We really don't. So, I will continue to advocate my position. If you had unprotected sex, get tested.

Is a bj unprotected sex? You figure it out. The test will not harm you. Don't fear the test. Fear the results!
|

replied September 18th, 2005
guts wrote:
what the hell are you doing sitting there with a hard on with a naked guy in the same room?

As for your hiv worries it is very doubtful. There would have to be infected fluid in her mouth that got transferred to your bloodstream (highly unlikely). Get a test and ease your mind.

i will agree, that is kind of different to have another guy in the same room with a hard on. And other times it is just plain right down gross
|

replied September 25th, 2005
Your Ok!
Just go get tested your self. Trust me my best friend just went through the same thing. She messed with a dude that messed wit like every girl in texas. She knew she was riskin' her life but she just felt like she couldnt let him go. She finally realized that her life was more important than sex so she got tested. She did and thank god she had nothing. She was paranoid just like you. Just chill and get tested!!

With luv saniya :oops:
|

replied September 25th, 2005
Experienced User
Low Risk
Hiv can be transmitted from both the girl and your friend to you in such a situation. Passive oral sex is lower risk, but transmission has happened before.
Personally, i'd worry more if the girl had hiv. Your friend has been recently and regularly tested.
I would keep track of her and ask her about health occasionally.

Good luck, paul v.
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....