Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Does anyone ever hear a whooshing sound in timeing of their heartbeat
when lying in bed, etc?
I get it, and it happens more often when I am anxious and stressed.
I am worried that it's something more serious
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper hwagonblott
|

replied July 31st, 2005
Experienced User
Ya I get that.
|

replied July 31st, 2005
Experienced User
???
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
Heartbeat In Ear
Hi to everyone on the forum!

I'm so glad that i've found this site because most of the information about pulsatile tinnitus on the web is quite frankly, scary!

My problem began 6 months ago and ever since I hear my heartbeat whooshing and wheezing through my right ear particularly at night. It's very disturbing and, of course, you automatically think the worst (aneurysms, tumours, brain haemhorrage etc etc)

my problem seems to have arisen following syringing of my ears (has anyone else experienced this: can syringing cause pt?) and I also have a partially-eruped wisdom tooth near my right ear (also, has anyone evidence/experience to suggest that this may be a cause?) ......

I'm an nhs patient and it takes forever to be seen by and ent and then to get an mri scan so the anxiety of not knowing what's in my head terrifies me.

Any help/advice/words of comfort would be great!!!

Thanks,

paul
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
You should go to your doctor and ask for a .C.T or .M.R.I scan to make sure there is nothing sinister there. Good luck.
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
Thank you so much! I'll have a look at that link!

Paul
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
Change all of the capital letters in the address to lower case and the link should work... The site puts a capital letter after a full stop.
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Pulsatile Tinnitus
Is it possible there is a link between pulsatile tinnitus and the following:

1. Aggressive syringing of ear.
2. Partially-erupted wisdom teeth.
3. Neck- strain.
4. Muscle strain.

Any advice welcome.

Regards,

paul
|

replied December 25th, 2009
Pulsatile tinnitus & aggressive ear syringing
Yes, for me pulsatile tinnitus did follow aggressive ear syringing, but not immediately. Took at least weeks to appear, maybe months. Coincidence? Don't know.
|

replied January 8th, 2010
I had a MRA done and they did not have any findings. Before the MRA I had a tube put in. He thought I had pulsatile tinnitus because the tube did not work. I have the wooshing noise constantly and pulsating from time to time. My ear is so sensative to high pitch noices but, I have lost my hearing significantly in the past 7 months and getting worse. I also feel sick to my stomache. Is a MRA sufficent enough? This has been going on for 7 months now and I don't know what else it could be and neither does my ear doctor. It's getting really frustrating.
|

replied February 13th, 2010
I have had this now for almost a year and it is driving me crazy. I just had surgery for Eagle's syndrome but now am wondering if it isn't something else beause my no.1 symptom-pulsatile tinnitus is still there. What is the answer?
|

replied February 13th, 2010
pulsatile tennitus
I had a CT done and they found I have a high rising jugular bulb. Anyone know anything?
|

replied May 1st, 2011
They told me I had vascular loop. an enlarged vessel that rest against the auditory nerve and causes me to hear all the boold rushing through it. and my heartbeat. they prescribed a water pill, to help with pressure on it.
|

replied June 6th, 2014
hi

thats what they said I had,
I hear my heartbeat in my left ear all the time, its worse at night, started about a year ago when I turned 50, I had a really stressful day, and this started that night and I have had it ever since
I was starting to go through menopause when it started,
|

replied June 6th, 2014
I meant after my Ct scan, they said I had a Jugular bulb
|

replied June 6th, 2014
I started taking vitamin B complex and black cohosh,

you can buy these at any pharmacy

dont cost very much
think it has helped , just a little
|

replied April 12th, 2010
Sounds like lots of you are having difficulty finding effective tinnitus relief. Have you tried any holistic treatments that focus on your entire health condition? There have been some very promising findings regarding all natural tinnitus treatment programs. You ought to give them a try if you are still looking for an effective way to clear your tinnitus.

|

replied December 1st, 2010
Do I have pulsative tinnatus?
Hi folkes

Im wondering if I have pulsative tinnatus. I get a wooshing sensation in my head/ears, which doesn't particularly follow my pulse as it can be a quick succession of wooshes, making me feel dizzy, sick, and anxious about what is wrong with me!! I do also suffer mild anxiety and depression difficulties, which is what my GP has chalked it all up to. Does anyone have any suggestions please? Currently off work with it, and desperate to find some relief!
|

replied April 30th, 2011
If you experience dizziness and sickness, it could be Meniere's Disease?
|

replied April 10th, 2011
Pulsative Tinnitus
Have been suffering from that pulsative tinnitus for months now.GP's let you down and ask you thousands live with it so put the radio louder....My case is a bit special because 2 years after fighting a prostate cancer I was diagnosed with a brain tumor on the ptuitary. After that operation and a stage of regrowth I started to hear my pulse in my left year. My brain surgeon has now ordered an MRI to examine BOTH the tumor after a radiotherapy treatment AND the ear to try a solution.This should be known by end april.Will post results. Until then.....raise the radio tune!!!!Would be glad to have some REAL solutions ( not those involving sale of books or products).....in the mean time.Thanks.
|

replied November 1st, 2011
Pulsatile Tinnitus my story, no question
I have suffered with puslatile tinnitus for 3 years. I hit rock bottom this summmer and stopped going out,going to church was horrible depressed and i hadn't even talked on the phone for years. The noise in my head was so loud in the mornings that i just wanted to stay in bed and yet i had 4 kids to take care of. My life was a shell of what it once was. The only relief i got was when i was sleeping and i couldn't hear any sounds then at all. I took strong pills for the headaches i got daily from the horrid noise and needed antidepressants at night just to knock me out to get any sleep. I was ready to try a hearing aid and just live with it, not even knowing if that would make any difference. Doctor's had no idea, they knew everyting it wasn't, a tumor, a kinked vein, etc. I had an MRI, CT scan, seen ENT and a Neurologist. No one had any idea how to fix it. So i started looking the natural way. My tinnitus has been getting quieter and quieter over the last month from what i have been taking. It is a company and not found in stores and yes you need to be a customer but i was desperate. I heard that a lady from my town had gotten complete relief from horrible seizures she had. She had 3-5 a day for over 3 years and couldn't do anything, including taking care of her 6 year old son. So i decided to try what she tried. I have been on it for month and am so excited to be getting my life back. Please let me know if you want to hear more. I am not in this to make money but i wouldn't wish what i have been through on anyone so i wanted to help whoever i could. That is my story.
|

replied October 6th, 2013
I would like more info!!
|

replied May 4th, 2014
PLEASE share the source of your relief from this soul and life-destroying condition!
|

replied November 26th, 2011
I have had it for several months now. Went to an ent and had an mri performed. The results came up clean and I have perfect hearing. The whooshing sound has died down some but when I become stressed or my blood pressure rises I can hear the noise more loudly. My doctor advised cutting back on caffeine and salt. Regardless from what most tell you there really is no cure as of now. So try doing those things and sleep on the ear that you are having the issue with. When you cover your good ear the sound has a tendency to amplify.
|