Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Senior Person Can't Sleep

Help is needed for my mom who's in her late 60s, and has been having sleep problems. She'd sleep around 11pm, but would wake up around 2/3am. Sleeping pills help, but it's not a long term solution.

She also has stomach problem, where she felt something is 'stuck' in her throat, which also causes her to lose sleep over. This would also happen in the first half part of her sleep, between the hours of 11pm to 2am. At times she would wake up because of the stomach problem; at times she just wakes up without the stomach problem.

She did her ecg, intestine, gastronomical, blood etc every test possible, but doctors found no abnormality. Some suggested it's hormone issue, others liver.

Please advise/comment. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 30th, 2011
Hey
I would suggest looking into a product I started to recently take. I try to stay away from prescription meds due to their nature of becoming dependent on them.

Go and read the information on their site. They give you the chance to try the product before you buy it(yes they will charge you if you dont cancel), but I ended up going back to order more bottles to get a better discount.

I take 3 before bed and actually stay asleep the entire night. Along with it helping me sleep it also relieves mild back aches that I encounter on a day to day basis.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Andre V Strizhak