Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Sore Gums Cancer?

I gonna sound like one of these people who reads up on diseases and then thinks they have it but I worrying so much :(
i smoke, yes bad habit and I am quitting tomorrow, no not putting it off just I had already had a fag today when I decided and least I can wake up fresh with the knowledge that I will no longer be a smoker, but anyway thats not what I came here to discuss, my worry is that I have had sore gums the past few days, my front teeth hurt a little which probably means this is why the gums are sore but I also have found 2 small pimple like spors on the side of my cheeks, just near the front of my mouth and now im panicing that I have something bad like cancer of the mouth, I dont usually stress myself out like this but it would be just like me to quit smoking and then find out its too late anyway :(
i been reading up online about gum disease but my gums are not bleeding they are just sore along the ridge line below the teeth, I got dentist in a few days which is good but im stressign out hes gonna say that I need to go for tests and im gonna find out I am dying or something.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2018

Welcome to e health forum.

It is more likely that you are experiencing canker sores, also known as Apthous ulcers or Stress ulcers.

Any form of stress related to environmental changes , travel, diet changes and many others can cause individuals to develop them. Most of them usually last for 7 to 10 days and resolve on their own, without any treatment.

But the ulcers can be very painful causing pain while eating or even while speaking normally.

Self management with proper adequate hydration, good nourishing diet, vitamin supplements can be very helpful. Over the counter preparations like Orajel or Benzocaine oral jel can help to relieve the pain. In severe intolerable cases, steroid creams or medications can be prescribed by a doctor to relieve the symptoms and also to speed up the healing.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.