Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anger,stress And Sensitive Nature

Hey

i am 21 years old.

I lose my temper very easily and I take a lot of stress. I have a very sensitive nature too and get upset over small things.

I have been having these problems since my teenage years but never paid any attention to them. I thought I would get over these once I enter my twenties. But there has been no change and now I have come to a stage where it is killing me !

Is it just me who is like this ? Are there people out there with same problems ?

Does anyone has any tips for anger and stress management ?

Any sort of help will be appreciated !
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 29th, 2005
Hi!

You are hardly alone!

Have you seen tv lately?

Every other commercial is for a
mood altering prescription drug.

There are so many factors that contribute to the way
we feel including, diet, emotional issues, lifestyle, biochemistry etc...

If I were in your position I would probably start by addressing my diet.

Are you getting enough protein?

Certain amino acid deficiencies, (especially dlpa) can cause the symptoms you describe. See julia ross' book, the mood cure for a specific protocol.

I would also see a counselor or therapist to dig around a bit for emotional triggers to your experiences.

Don't be shy! This is your life and you deserve to enjoy it! :)

xo
gg

|

replied July 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Anger Management
Have you thought about what may possibly be at the root of your anger? It sounds as if your anger is displaced. In that case, there is usually something currently or from your past that is unresolved. Could that be the case? Is there someone you haven't forgiven for some reason or something that happened to you that you haven't confronted or attempted to resolve? Just a thought. I think anger is a subconscious decision, unless you have a medical condition or are taking medication that alters your personality. I think occasional frustration and even anger is normal, but if it's irrational, I think the above should be explored. I wish you luck!

Crystal
|

replied August 2nd, 2005
Hey Crystal111
There are things can not be resolved or in other words nothing can be done about what is causing all the stress ( college, people around me etc ).

However, I believe if I would start reacting different towards all the stress, might help me.
|

replied August 2nd, 2005
Experienced User
Vitamins
I notice your screen name is vitamins. Are you a health advocate? If so, it sounds like you are on the right track. I understand how certain stressors in life can not be changed, but our reactions to them can. Do you become spontaneously angry, or do you suppress emotions and then become angry when you can't hold them in anymore? It's good that you are aware of the issues you are facing. That's a good first step. I hope this forum helps some.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...