For about a year i've noticed that my right tonsil is larger than the left. It sticks out a little bit and you can see it when I open my mouth wide. Lately i've noticed some soreness in my throat and have had occassional coughing fits because my throat feels very dry. Now I looked hard at my right tonsil the other day and saw what looked like a little white speck, now I am freaking out. My sister has mono, but in it's much less severe stage (it was worst in late may for her). Since, then I have had physicals, etc. And a multitude of tests because of some stomach problems, which turned out to be acid reflux disease. One time it actually landed me in the hospital because I thought my throat was closing up, the er doc informed me that it was irritation from the reflux, that was over a month ago. I havent noticed any pain, but just a general soreness. My neck glands are fine. Last october I had a really bad infection which made my tonsils and my neck glands enlarged, there was also white pus on my tonsils, I suspected strep throat, but the illness seemed to go away on its own after a few weeks. Since then i've always had a large left neck gland and that large right tonsil. I'm probably just freaking out over nothing. :wink:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 15th, 2009
I have the same thing. I am not sure what it is but my left neck glands are lager but my right tonsil is a decent amount larger... Anyone know what this could be?? Also today I have a sore throat and ears but it could be due to drastic weather change
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....