Medical Questions > Parenting > Single Parents Forum

Like a Lil Advice From Other Singel Mothers

Hey everyone...Im gonna be a 17 y/o ssingel mom to a lil boy...N im a littel nervious..My mother raised me by herself..N I know it must of been hard...But my sons father wants nothing to do wit me or him...I guess wha im asken is just for a littel advice on wha to do right when hes born n what not to do(even tho I have an idea bout that) but I will apprecate it thank u very much
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
Hi there and congratulations...You are a very strong person if you are about to be mother at such a young age. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for the right time to come for me so I can't talk from experience. But we have had babies in the family; that, and from what I have heard, it is a very exhausting task taking care of a little one.

I think you should find someone who has had children and ask to help you in the beginning, until you learn everything...Maybe even babysit from time to time...

good luck!
|

replied September 3rd, 2005
Experienced User
First of all I am 19 and a single mum of three kids. My mum raised me and her other 5kids since I was 3. All 6 of her kids were under 7 when she became a single mum.
It can be hard at times and I would love to help you out just tell me what you need to know. My determination came from how well my mum brought all of us 6 up. I knew I had to be strong to be so independant. Good luck and I hope I can help. In my opinion it's easier to be a single mum from the start than from half way through and I knoq that from experience
|

replied August 17th, 2007
Hey
You are a very strong girl. I'm also a single mother of a little girl, she is now 5 months old. I'm 31 and it is very hard and expensive. I was so nervous at first. I didn't no how to burp her i was so scared that I might hurt her. It just comes to you. I love it now at first when there up all night I was going crazy. I bet you will do great if you have any question do not be afraid to ask someone everybody goes through it. good luck.
|
Quick Reply