Hi I would like some advice on how to deal with the fact that the relationship that I have been in for 3years has ended because my boyfriend who is in the us military is going to be deployed in sep 05 and he ended our relationship in july 05 he said that he's saving me the emotional stress that he mite not come back, he also ask that we remain friends,should I stay or give up. Hes going to iraq.

Also its a long distance relationship
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 27th, 2005
Sorry to hear your problem, but I think u should at least give the long distance thing a try. You cant end love that quikly. I understand what he is doing, I think he just has a lot of fears. If he loves you he does not want to see u hurt,but guys have a weird way of showing it. Dont give up that easy, love is hard to find. I dont know how close the two of u are, but if it was me I would want to get married before he left. Even if its not the wedding of your dreams it still keeps the two of you together in your hearts forever.

Good luck, hope everything goes well for you
ze paw
|

replied July 28th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Show him how much you care by writing letters, email and still being there for him. My husband is in the marine corps and I know what is probably going on with him. He just doesnt want you to have to wait and go through the stress of not knowing what is going on with him. He probably also thinks that if your broke up it will be easier to be apart (which it is not) sit him down and tell him how you feel, that your willing to wait and you want to be there for him. Iraq changes these guys. When my husband came back he really appreciated me and realized how much he loved me. Seeing death will make him appreciate what he has.
|

replied July 29th, 2005
Experienced User
the Brutal Honesty
I think if he truly loved you, he would ask you to wait for him. What is his intention in breaking up? To spare your feelings? I think that is an excuse personally. When it comes to love, each person has the right to be selfish. If he truly wants it to work between the two of you, he would show that selfishness by asking you to be there when he returns. I would question his true motives. I'm sorry if that hurts. I do wish you the best.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...