Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Please Help Me If You Can!

Hi everyone, im a 15 year old female who needs answers quick!! Right well I have a social anxiety disorder and depression and have found mainly from the beginning of this year that I have been sooo tired and I was always drifting off in class at school. Also I was frequently ill and I missed at least 3 months of school and had blood tests for things such as diabetes and coeliac disease (i had stomach troubles, frequently feeling sick). This was all before I admitted I was depressed and now I have counselling which is helping slightly but over the past month id say im finding it incredibly difficult to sleep. If im lucky I get one good nights sleep a week, but most of the time I cant fall asleep until 4 in the morning, until its light, like im scared of the dark. I never used to be like this and its really startin to scare me. Also if im alone in the house I keep thinking someone is there and I cannot move, im paralysed to the spot in fear if im in bed. During the day I feel exhausted and I cant do the activities I used to. Its turning into a vicious cycle and im wondering if I need medication. Another thing I experience is muscle spasms which occur at any time, but sometimes wake me up. :(
i would be so so grateful if any one had any information which could help me..Or maybe some one has the same kinda problems??
Thanks for just reading this!! X
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 27th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are consistent with sleep disorder. You would need mirtazapine or lorazepam besides observing sleep hygiene.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.