I haven't had a regular period since 1998.
I stopped taking the pill and then I was on various psychotropic medications.
I am still on lithium.
I am lucky to get 3 periods a year.
Does lithium affect menstrual cycle?

Does hpv affect menstrual cycle?
Does being overweight affect it too?
Prettypatty
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 12th, 2004
Experienced User
Patty
Im not sure about the meds.But I have been told overweight can cause it.I have heard over weight can cause alot of things.I have never been regular,but for the past three mths have been having it on the 33 rd cycle day of each mth.Which still makes it bad because im trying to get preg and have been for three yrs now.I guess weight has something to do with the hormones.Mare
|

replied January 14th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Being over weight or under weight can definetely affect ur cycle. Meds can also because theyre interfering with hormone balances etc in ur body.Im not sure about lithium but if ur worried,u shud visit a doctor because if u r trying 4 a baby or ever want to,you'll need 2 find out whats going on.
Liz
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Lithium can affect cycle by causing hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism. It doesn't directly affect menstrual cycle.HPV doesnot affect it. Being overweight is a risk factor.
You would need ultrasonography for ovaries and hormonal profile to sort out the problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.