My two year old grandson has small brown spots on his back above his left shoulder. As of three weeks ago he had 7 he now has nine. His Dr. Told us to let them know if he gets more so we called the office but she is on vacation. The new ones are , one on his neck and one on his hairline. He is very light skinned and we keep him covered in sun block. Should we be worried and will he keep getting them? :
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 20th, 2005
Experienced User
Moles can appear until the age of about 20, so I would't worry if I were you. Using sunscreen is very good. Also tell your grandson not to hurt them. And follow them closely.Announce your doctor as soon as a mole changes in any way: size, shape, color, hair. And also keep him informed on any new moles appearing.

Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....