I am 45 and was diagnosed recently with supra tachycardia which is an electronic malfunction in the upper portion of the heart. After my 911 call and rush to the hospital for what I assumed was a heart attack, my doctor recommended stopping smoking, naturally, and exercise. The exercise is not a problem but the smoking is still a struggle. Two weeks later the stress test didn't reveal any blockage. I have been stressed for about 4 years now through a divorce and job related stress in a new territory. Seems like its getting worse. Just driving, or walking into wal-mart...I never know, my breathing becomes difficult, weakness, nervousness... All the while maintaining a steady pulse rate. Strangest damn thing, i'm starting to believe i'm just going nuts. Is it my age...I mean i've been in extended stressful periods before? I've tried herbal remedies, meditation, and any kind of stress relief. I was wondering if anyone can confirm or validify the prognosis of vcd - vocal cord dysfunction. I'm starting to think I am experiencing a combination of problems and just looking for different opinions before my next doctor visit.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 26th, 2012
I've been having alot of trouble breathing since March and was diagnosed with VCD. The tightness also comes with abdominal tightness. So bad that my stomach literally hurts to breath in. I was told to take shorter breaths, but in reality exercise and deeper breathing for atleast 15 minutes seems to help. go figure. good luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...