I have recently been told that I have arthritis in my upper back, I don't know the best way to get some comfort from the ache and stiffness, any suggestions?
The ache has shot up to my head and eyes. Also down to my legs,(i do also have arthritis in my knees), but, I was wondering can this cause nerve damage?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 18th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Arthritis needs supportive care with NSAIDs pain killers , muscle relaxants and use of immunosuppressants and corticosteroids depending on the type of arthritis.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.