Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Have any of you become absolutely paranoid that you have a blood clot?

I've been getting pain in my left leg sometimes, which has caused me to become so anxious that i'm panicky just laying down... Leading to lack of sleep.

Recently i've been trying to walk around outside more to get some exercise, but before this I went through a period where I didn't exercise much & sat down a lot.

I'm not overweight, and I had an ekg a couple weeks ago and it turned out fine. I'm 21 years old, and female. I don't have high blood pressure.

But I just can't stop worrying. Has anyone else gone through this... And does anyone have any information on blood clots to help me to stop worrying?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Drizzled
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
Blood clots is my worst fear. I had a blood clot and it traveled to my lung.It's rare in young people.Mine was caused by birth control. It can also come from being bedridden like after surgey. Sometimes there are symptoms but I didn't have any until after it traveled to my lung.
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
I went for a couple months thinking I had a clot after seeing some news magazine reporting on deep vein thrombosis. I could have sworn I had one, too, what with some leg pain i'd been having. But after a couple months and I hadn't had a pulmonary embolism, I figured it was nothing.

Man-o-man, I am a nut . . .
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
After My Dad Had One
For several months, I got nervous anytime my leg hurt. He said that his hurt worse than any previous leg pain and that it swelled up a lot. When I expressed my concern about getting clots to to my doctor, she said that they are evident by a lot of swelling.
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
It all depends on where it forms.

When a clot forms, it can either partially or totally block the blood flow in that vein. Symptoms of a dvt can include:

swelling of the leg
warmth and redness of the leg
pain that is noticeable, or worse when standing or walking

these are not always a sign of a dvt, but anyone who experiences them should contact a doctor immediately.

Symptoms of pulmonary embolism

these include shortness of breath; chest pain which may be worsened by deep breaths; and coughing up phlegm, possibly !**@! with blood.

Anyone with these symptoms should seek emergency medical treatment.
|

replied July 23rd, 2005
A couple months ago I coughed up phlegm speckled with blood ... I don't think I remember ever getting it checked out, and it hasn't happened since... Should I be worried?
|

replied July 24th, 2005
Experienced User
Thats happend to me before. Probably from the weather or a small nose bleed
|

replied July 24th, 2005
Maybe it was a small nose bleed. I'm hoping that if it was a real problem, it would continue happening and not just happen once...
|

replied July 24th, 2005
Experienced User
Is it possible to cough up blood one whole day after a nosebleed?
|

replied July 24th, 2005
Experienced User
Do u smoke? If so some ciggarettes like newports have fiberglass in them and cause cause your lungs to bleed. Its not as bad as it sounds, it happens to alot of people who smoke cigs with fiberglass in them
|

replied July 24th, 2005
No, I don't smoke at all and never have.
|

replied January 9th, 2013
I have bad problems with my knee before and I thought that's what it was this time. It started with a pain in my knee on Wednesday and then it felt like I had a charley horse in the back of my calf. On Friday I took a 5 hour road trip and I was in so much pain. I was taking ibuprofen like it was going out of style and it was getting worse and worse to the point I was just tossing and turning and night crying cause it hurt. Sunday we made the road trip back 5 hours and when I finally got home, my mom couldn't even touch my me without me screaming. I went to the hospital and they put me infront of everyone else in the ER and knew right away it was a blood clot. they admitted me but couldn't control my pain. that Wednesday it moved from y leg to my lungs in 2 pieces. I couldn't breath and I could feel myself passing out. it was one of the most scariest things in my entire life. I'm 20 years old and birth control gave me a DVT and 2 pulmonary embolisms.
|

replied August 13th, 2013
can stress cause blood clots?
I'm 27 years old and going to be on blood thinners for the rest of my life the first time i got clots was in 2009 i had a clot in my right leg i think and multiple clots in my left lung they had me on warfrain 5s they said it was from my pregnancy i got off the blood thinner 7 months later. well now they are back but only multiple clots in each lung my doctors have no idea why or how they showed up in just my just my lungs.. so my question is can stress cause cloting?
|

replied August 30th, 2013
I am also 27 and I have borderline high blood pressure i have been have pain in both my legs and my limbs fall asleep very easily now. Of course I am worried about blood clots but my question goes out to the people that have had them before what does it actually feel like to have one or more on lung, legs ect.
|