Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Newborn Body Hair

My grandbaby is 1 month old. She was born with what I think is unusual hair growth on her little ears. I thought this hair would fall off in a couple of weeks, but she is a month old now and the hair seems to be growing in length on her ears. Is this normal? Should we consult a pediatrician?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Skeeter561
|

User Profile
replied September 3rd, 2005
Supporter
My first son, who is 6 now, had black hair on his ears and back. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It usually falls off. If it is really bothering you, see your doctor.
|

replied November 12th, 2005
My little daughter who is 4 months old had this as well (her nickname became little monkey). She had alot of hair on her head too so her ear hair was not noticable. Over the past few months the hair has slowly started to go away. You can't notice it at all now!! So don't worry you grand baby will not have hairy ears forever.
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
The hair can stay for up to a year, my daughter had it for about 6 weeks but every baby is different, if you are concerned talk to dr, dont shave it off their little ears are delicate.....
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My son had hair on his ears and back...Its like little fussy black hair....The hair on his ears is now gone ...He is 5 months...The hair on his back still there ...The doctor always says it will wear off as they get older....
|

replied January 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Hair
My first son had the same thing hair on his ears on his back the hair on his ears fell off its still on his back he is now almost 2
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
Thank you
Thank you all for your helpful info. My wife & I just had a baby girl on 12/12. She shares the same hair on her back and shoulders. Now I'm not worried about it, but does anyone know what caused her to grow this excess hair?
|

replied April 23rd, 2009
excess hair
my daughter is one mounth old and has excess black hair on her ears and back and also hands and legs..is this case is normal?
|

replied August 30th, 2010
Little Monkey
Mine has it too. Must be the little Mexican in her Smile it will fall off i am sure
|

replied October 13th, 2012
hairy kids
Hi just looking for advice my little girl who is nearly 6 has a hairy patch on the top of her leg, somebody said this is a hormone imbalance she has really hair legs at the bottom aswell. The this that is working me is that she has a few dark hairs on her privates!! :-/ im insure what to do as i feel silly going to the doctors with this problem . I also have a little boy nearly 3 he has ginger hair and his back is full of long blond/ginger hair some are 2-3cms long???? Any advice plz
|

Hi just looking for advice my little girl who is nearly 6 has a hairy patch on the top of her leg, somebody said this is a hormone imbalance she has really hair legs at the bottom aswell. The this that is working me is that she has a few dark hairs on her privates!! :-/ im insure what to do as i feel silly going to the doctors with this problem . I also have a little boy nearly 3 he has ginger hair and his back is full of long blond/ginger hair some are 2-3cms long???? Any advice plz
|

|
Quick Reply
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....