Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Bleeding In Early Pregnancy

Hello
according to the first day of my last period i'm 5wks 3days pregnant and I had a scan today as I had some red blood (no pain). They couldn't see anything on the scan and say I may have had a miscarriage.

I've realised I ovulated on day 19 (not day 14) - does that mean that i'm 'less pregnant' at under 5 weeks so no wonder they wouldn't see anything? Bleeding has stopped now and still no pain.

I had a miscarriage in april and it was different to this

grateful for advice
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 28th, 2005
Hi

you've probably found out by now but just in case, when I had early bleeding with my first baby, they couldn't see anything on the ultrasound but they felt it was because it was so early on. So they did an ultrasound vaginally and the baby was fine and easy to see that way. So, yes it is possible that the baby maybe to small to see using normal ultrasound.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...