Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Joint pain in shoulder and knuckle of toe

Okay I have gone to the doctor about this but he was a quack; he hardly knew what he was talking about.

My left shoulder has been hurting for almost 3 years now... I feel a sharp pain when I move it a certain way, like if I raise my hand or lift something with that arm. The doc said my shoulder muscle wasn't strong enough and that I pinched a tendon...And he didn't even look at it. My shoulder is probably the stronger of my upper body muscles too. Anyway, it feels like a sharp object is embedded inside my joint or something...It doesn't constantly hurt, only when I move it a very accute and specific way.

I get this exact pain in my hips occasionally, but it hasn't been happening for as long. So far nobody, even my gym teacher, has been helpful at all.

The second kind of pain...Is more recent. I didn't do anyting to injure it but for some reason it's been hurting for about a month or so. My big toe on my right foot, in the first knuckle constantly hurts if I move it in the way that it pushes my toe in, or if I bend it back or forward...Basically if I move it at all. This pain is less sharp, but hard to explain and i'll do my best to do so. It almost feels sore, but it's not in the muscle at all, it's in the joint, once again, inside it. It feels like I bruised the inside of my joint, if that's possible, but I never did anything that would do that to my joint.

For more info, i'm a 17 year old male, in rather good physical shape (i'm not buff but I have great endurance, good lungs and a strong heart) I bke about 5-10 miles a day to and from school. I started taking 1000 mg of spring valley's glucosamine sulfate every day to see if the pain would leave...I did notice that I don't get inflamed knees when I go hiking anymore, but the pain in my shoulder, hips, and toe are here to stay so it seems. I'm also vegetarian, except I eat fish and eggs still...Along with dairy. I drink plenty of milk too. If any of that info helps, good.

Anyway, sorry both for making that so long and I wasn't sure what forum section to put it under. If anyone knows what I can do to remedy this, please let me know, it's hampering my ability to enjoy normal physical activities to my fullest. I'm only 17 here, I don't need to be having joint pain xd thanks.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 24th, 2005
Bump
Okay I know i'm not dying but I will someday and I want to have fun until then, so someone if you can, please help me out here.
|

replied July 28th, 2005
Of this is in the wrong forum let me know but otherwise somebody give me some damn help here.
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2005
Experienced User
Lol I love the attitude, unfortanetly I cant help you. Because I am not that good at this. I got my own problems lol I have a sore throat that wont go away grrrrr oh well have a good day
|

replied June 6th, 2009
I am experiencing the same thing!!! Minus the hip hurting....I broke my ankle a few months back and ever since, by big toe has hurt. It feels like it need to crack. Just the past two weeks...my left shoulder has had this pain that comes and goes. It thought it was just a pinched nerve or something, but it is getting worse! I know this is from forever ago, but did you ever find out what was wrong?
|
Must Read
Joint pain and joint damage affect more than 45 million Americans. Learn the basics of joint anatomy, and types of joint damage here....
Common causes of joint disease include trauma, aging, stress and body weight. Are you at risk of damaging the joints? More here on causes of joint pain....
Is that lump on your wrist cause for concern? Learn to identify signs and symptoms of joint damage here. Plus, know when to seek help for joint pain....