Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Someone That Undersatnds My Child And Her Seizure Disorder

Crying or Very sad

i am a single mom and have been dealing with seizures with my daughter snce feb of this year and would like to talk to other moms or dads for support.
I feel so lost
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 4th, 2003
Re: About Seizures In Children
Hi!

This is to the single mom whose daughter just started having seizures this year. What kind of seizure did the doctors think she had. My son had his first seizure at the age of 18 months or so and we were told it was a febrile seizure due to a high fever. It was so awful and scary for us to see. After having 6 more seizures in the next year or so, we decided to put him on phenobarbital. It really worked well for the seizures and we just made sure that when he was sick, we gave him motrin and tylenol every 3 hours to keep the fever down. He never had a single seizure while on the phenobarbital which was such a relief. We took him off the phenobarbital at age 5 which is when doctors thought he would outgrow the seizures. It was 2 years in july since he was off the medication and everything was fine. Unfortunately, this past saturday night he suffered a seizure. I was very shocked because even though he was sick with a fever, I thought he'd outgrown them. He is a little old to be having febrile seizures at 7 and a half years old so we are scheduling an eeg and an mra soon. I know it can be scary and I feel for you. I have never been so traumatized as when I witnessed all these seizures with my son. Hopefully all with work out with you and your daughter and I wish you the best. Take care.

Jen
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Andre V Strizhak
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....