Question I have been reading your forum for 2 days now it is excellent.
Im a 30yr old female I have had hives (utarica) for 6 years now that burn and then dippapear.Within the last three weeks the sole of my foot feels like its swollen,my inner thigh,my hamstring. And the only joint is my knuckles all on my right side of my body.I have been seeing an immunoilgst for 3 years that have done lupus testing on me (the last one was ayear and a half ago they came out neg.I do not have (joint) pains fever or am I tired my hives come and go and never on my face although my lips have swollen up several times.My symptoms dont seen to be as much lupus like as many other people on this forum but more alleric which I have none. Is there any lupus like symptoms from which I have descibed>ps 5 doctors later????
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 20th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi there! Welcome!

While I don't know your full situation...I do know of lupus friends that had lupus and some/ a lot of their tests were negative.

I would be interested in hearing about the tests they did do...Do you have copies? Do you know exactly what they did run?

Again, welcome to the group!

Hugs,
ladybrannon
|

replied November 20th, 2003
Tests That Were Run
Hell friend,the test that were run were c1 estrease inhibitor,c4,thyroid functon test,protien chemistry?C1-q levels.Idont know whatanyof these mean.Im going to another immunoligist tommorow> based on the symptoms do you think that they are lupus like> hives that come once in a while and dissapear within a day never on my face. Sweeling of the lips.Swollen parts of my body but not my joints(ie) the sole of my foot or my hamstring?And on my knuckles on only one side> no fever not tired.Just confused. Also if I do have this disease is it possible to concieve and what are the risk factors>thank you
|

replied November 21st, 2003
Hi there!

I would, personally, ask for the following tests to be run:

ana
c reactive protein
anti-dna
anti-sm
anti-ro
bun
creatine

as for it being lupus, there are a lot of things it could be! There are even other auto-immunes that it could be. The fact that you are concerned/think so is good enough to have it checked out!

Let us know how it goes!
Hugs,
ladybrannon
|

replied November 23rd, 2003
Test
What do you do when they won't take your demand for these test seriously? I've runout of my steriod cream, my face looks awful and its speading down my neck. Sad i'm so tired of all this Crying or Very sad and i'm tired...Sorry a little whine crept in lily
|

replied November 23rd, 2003
Hi lily!

I hear you. Unfortunately, there are drs. Who seem to not take things as seriously as we feel they should. Remember that you do have the option to change doctors *or* to get a second opinion.

Also this is the perfect place to "whine." we understand. I'll be honest. I have gone through several doctors before finding a great team to help me with my disease course! Let it all out! It helps! Smile

hugs!
Ladybrannon
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....