Hi. Hope someone can help me.

I am 20 years old. I've had various problems which I think relate to anxiety for a long time, but ive always assumed it would go away. Thing is it has started to annoy me in recent months and i'd like it fixed.

For one, I get really nervous when I have to ring someone I dont know up on the phone. I actually rang up about a job a few hours ago and I could feel my heart racing. I couldn't get my words out properly. (i have a bit of a speech problem anyway. I cant help speaking really fast and people often ask me to repeat myself) possible related??

I also found myself becoming very anxious when a gil came onto me at a party recently. We went upstairs to a bedroom and I became so nervous that my mouth actually became dry for the 1st time in my life. These nerves meant that I couldn't get an erection. I made my excuses and left.

I really want to be able to live my life. Whatever is wrong with me is making me feel like life is just passing me by. I feel like a spectator rather than a player.

Please help.

Thx!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2005
Experienced User
Sounds like social anxiety. Or maybe your just really shy. I get that way too. I hate talking to people I don't know. The best way to do it is just force yourself. Maybe it will gat easier with time.
|

replied July 20th, 2005
Experienced User
Sounds like u need to come back when u have a real life debiliatating problem
|

replied July 21st, 2005
anxietyfreak wrote:
sounds like u need to come back when u have a real life debiliatating problem

wow....

Thanks for your response zabrina.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...